Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Where is good food to eat in Green Bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

sweet thursday posted:

Where is good food to eat in Green Bay

Madison

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

There are a few decent steakhouses around Green Bay / Ashwaubenon / Allouez, but, yeah, Green Bay (and its surrounding aforementioned communities) is pretty poor when it comes to exceptional food. One place I recall was called A'Bravo Bistro--my ex-wife and I ate there once on our way up to her family cabin in Marinette County--and they did an incredible tenderloin with a crazy-good mushroom sauce ... but, again, that's something you can get anywhere in the country that isn't a town with a population of 55 people. And I have no idea if that place is even still open, as I haven't been through Green Bay in nearly two years, when I went through there with an ex-girlfriend on a trip to see her family in Shawano.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1632081097369460737

king

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

I just found out about the problematic age gap between Aaron rodgers and his latest beard

Not good optics aaron

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Come home

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Timby posted:

There are a few decent steakhouses around Green Bay / Ashwaubenon / Allouez, but, yeah, Green Bay (and its surrounding aforementioned communities) is pretty poor when it comes to exceptional food. One place I recall was called A'Bravo Bistro--my ex-wife and I ate there once on our way up to her family cabin in Marinette County--and they did an incredible tenderloin with a crazy-good mushroom sauce ... but, again, that's something you can get anywhere in the country that isn't a town with a population of 55 people. And I have no idea if that place is even still open, as I haven't been through Green Bay in nearly two years, when I went through there with an ex-girlfriend on a trip to see her family in Shawano.

Still exists. Plae bistro is also good. Chefusion as well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shmtur posted:

Still exists. Plae bistro is also good. Chefusion as well.

Seconding these two. Adding Angelina and Mangiare.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

we miss you robbie

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I kind of get the feeling Gutekunst is gonna double-dip or even triple-dip at tight end next month. He's done it at a few other positions in previous drafts, and this year's tight end class is not only exceptionally deep but also exceptionally varied. The Packers have literally no one at the position (unless you count Josiah Deguara, but I won't blame you for forgetting he existed) on the current roster.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1632750505792524289?t=Kb89GtCe2k_zD5JnjfZ7BA&s=19

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
The post combine mock drafts are all over place. I cannot wait for this years draft.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Poles is out here doing interviews with Peter King talking about how he has offers on the table for No. 1 that include a 2024 and 2025 first. Not sure I remember a GM ever publicly negotiating like this. Sure hope it works!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

xbilkis posted:

Poles is out here doing interviews with Peter King talking about how he has offers on the table for No. 1 that include a 2024 and 2025 first. Not sure I remember a GM ever publicly negotiating like this. Sure hope it works!

Yeah I generally have a feeling there is a team people aren't talking about wanting to move up to one in from that 11+ range.

Like it wouldn't shock me if lets say like Washington or Tampa or NOLA, decide to jump in.

Or a real wildcard a team like Baltimore, if they decide to stupidly let Lamar Jackson go.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

Like it wouldn't shock me if ... NOLA, decide to jump in.

Saints are out, they signed Carr.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Saints are out, they signed Carr.

oh lmao that just happened huh., then when Rodgers stays with the Packers J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Welp looks like that Rodgers to Jets trade might be alive after all.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Johnathan_Wood1/status/1632791930168827908

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Any number that says any bears O lineman was any good is a bad number and should be discarded.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Braxton Jones is pretty simple.

He is good at moving his feet and like the technical parts of blocking.

Dude just desperately needs to put on strength and weight so he can't get bull rushed. It's like his only glaring flaw.

Kopitar
May 21, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Any number that says any bears O lineman was any good is a bad number and should be discarded.

https://twitter.com/NYBearFan/status/1632809284093214720

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

Dude just desperately needs to put on strength and weight so he can't get bull rushed. It's like his only glaring flaw.

This. An offseason with an NFL strength program will tell us a lot about his overall potential. I still like the idea of getting a stud LT and moving him to the right side.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
My brain is in a weird spot. I just want the god drat draft to get here so I know what the Bears are doing trade wise. But I know nothing about college, so everyone they draft will be a mystery box to me.

I'm extremely impatient to learn nothing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Do what my dad does, hyper fixate on one player, when the Bears don't draft that player say they are loving up again. And if they do draft that player, lament about how the Bears are gonna gently caress him up.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
lol, that's exactly where I was with Jalen Carter (after a trade down to 4) up until a week ago.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

May I recommend JSN

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

There is at best a 25% chance that the Bears will draft either Carter or Anderson, based purely on the fact that it's who everybody thinks they're going to pick. The Bears never take the consensus mocked projection, the only guy I can think of in recent memory was Roquan.

This is also your depressing reminder that the Bears have been picking in the Top 11 since 2015 and only one of those guys is still on the team (JF)

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

For a 5th round rookie out of an FCS school, I thought he held his own well. I wouldn't hand him the starting job or anything, but replacing him would be low on my priority list.

Bears need an OG, OT, CB, and entire defensive line.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

Do what my dad does, hyper fixate on one player, when the Bears don't draft that player say they are loving up again. And if they do draft that player, lament about how the Bears are gonna gently caress him up.

Chris Conte will never be forgiven

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

HootTheOwl posted:

Chris Conte will never be forgiven

maybe if he'd noticed randall cobb casually jogging past him on 4th down

edit i just went and found that highlight and 1) 10 years ago? ugh. 2) it was an awful throw too

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 6, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also, Nick Leddy is solely responsible for the Blackhawks losing in 2014.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

May I recommend JSN

More and more, I just want the Bears to figure out a way to draft him. Even though I know there is zero chance of it happening.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

That sucks but I would have been shocked if it didn't happen. Barr and Kendricks era is done.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

HootTheOwl posted:

Also, Nick Leddy is solely responsible for the Blackhawks losing in 2014.

Let's not forget Chris Campoli in 2011

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sataere posted:

More and more, I just want the Bears to figure out a way to draft him. Even though I know there is zero chance of it happening.

I mean if they trade back with the Panthers or like Washington or something.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

I mean if they trade back with the Panthers or like Washington or something.

The problem is I want a top defensive lineman from this class too! :v:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Get the gently caress over to New York, Rodgers, and fulfill the destiny your father predecessor laid before you

Also: Chicago is insane if they don't trade down at least twice. Getting gifted the #1 pick while having a potential franchise QB already on the roster was a huge deal.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I kind of get the feeling Gutekunst is gonna double-dip or even triple-dip at tight end next month. He's done it at a few other positions in previous drafts, and this year's tight end class is not only exceptionally deep but also exceptionally varied. The Packers have literally no one at the position (unless you count Josiah Deguara, but I won't blame you for forgetting he existed) on the current roster.

These are the times I remember him doing that:

2018: Jaire Alexander + Josh Jackson (CB) = Jaire is great and Jackson sucked

2018: J'Mon Moore + Marquez Valdez-Scantling (WR): MVS was good and Moore sucked

2022: Christian Watson + Romeo Doubs (WR) = Doubs was great early and then faded; Watson started slow but became great

2022: Sean Rhyan + Zach Tom (OG) = Tom was decent for a rookie; Rhyan got suspended for substance abuse

It's a big investment, but we've always got at least one decent player out of it (and most of these are mid-round picks anyway).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1632901694941011969

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sataere posted:

The problem is I want a top defensive lineman from this class too! :v:

As far as tackles go. Its a deep draft where you have Carter at the top and then a bunch of good DT that could go anywhere in the top 100. So you should be able to get a good one.