Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010
they're opening one like a mile down the street and it looks tempting from the marketing-approved, highly-manipulated imagery on their website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
they're gonna seem ridiculously fuckspensive when you first look at the menu but understand their tenders are the size of a small dog

that being said i've only gone one time; ordered hot (4) for a baseline, one tender, one slider. the seasoning was very dry/dusty in an over-applied cajun seasoned kind of way without a ton of good spicy oil soaking into the bread. their slaw was surprisingly good, speaking as someone who doesn't usually like most slaws. fries were pretty good for crinkle cut fries, light hot seasoning on them. good bad-nacho-cheese for the cheese fries. sauce isn't as good as canes, more on the sweet end, but goes well with their tenders. not sure if i got a bad batch wrt the seasoning/sauce/whatever or if that's just how they are, but i'd give it another shot sometime.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Apples and oranges comparison I know but I enjoy their tender sliders more than the Popeyes sandwich

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yes, you should go get some

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
One just opened here about 2 weeks ago and I got the tender/slider meal. I liked it a whole lot. I pussed out and got the mild and there was just about zero heat. Good flavor though. The slider with Dave's sauce is good and despite being crinkle cut (my 2nd least favorite) the fries were actually cooked well and seasoned. Not the bright floppy ones I get everywhere else.

Expensive, but not 5 Guy's expensive. Like, half the price. It was maybe $13 or something and that's for a full meal. A single cheeseburger, nothing else, at 5 Guys here is $12.

I have no idea how people eat at that place. It's more expensive than a restaurant.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Definitely expensive but drat I really enjoyed it in my first visit. I got a mild and a medium and both were good, I could probably handle a hot. Although could also see ordering a mild again because it had really good flavor. That's a lot of food and I was honestly close to full after one slider but powered through to finish the other one.

Maybe the sauce is a little better at Raising Canes but I liked everything else way better at DHC.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Absolutely

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It's pretty good, personally i prefer raising canes

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
But i don't think they do spicy now that i think about it. But as far as fried chicken places.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

it's really good, op

worth the price

get hot or extra hot

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

if raisin canes doesn't wanna invest in a fuckin' spicy toss/rub/whatever for the chicken itself the least they could do is make a goddamn spicy sauce

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I've experienced the opening of 3-4 Dave's and they all experience the same thing where they are godlike the first opening week then drop off pretty hard (though you'll still occasionally get great stuff). Always extra hot or reaper when I feel like I especially hate myself that night

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
A fry cook stuck his fingers in my rear end in the bathroom. I don't know if I'll go back.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Bum the Sad posted:

A fry cook stuck his fingers in my rear end in the bathroom. I don't know if I'll go back.

*geolocates the nearest restaurant*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

it seemed expensive but it was actually pretty big and satisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
its really good in my opinion. i ate it the other day and it was bomb. i think u can also buy beer there. WOW