Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if “boston” sounds familiar, it’s because a prominent city in new england was later named after the massacre to honor the victims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Nooner posted:

Can we throw in Boston also?

You can try bitch.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Many historians disagree over if it was a massacre at all or just propaganda from a bunch of literal colonists and slaveowners.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like Boston.

It’s the people that are the problem.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
even back then, boston was able to roll out a fat irish police commissioner to say "these were good cawps, just trying to do their jawbs"

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Boston race bomber

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

RIP to all the lives lost on Fhloston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9DtLUv5Hrc

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Boston Willis

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Animal-Mother posted:

even back then, boston was able to roll out a fat irish police commissioner to say "these were good cawps, just trying to do their jawbs"

Yeah and a cringing cop apologist to get them off in court, who later became president of the U.S. lmao

quote:

Adams told the jury to look beyond the fact that the soldiers were British. He referred to the crowd that had provoked the soldiers as "a motley rabble of saucy boys, negroes, and molattoes, Irish teagues and outlandish Jack Tarrs" (sailors). He then stated, "And why we should scruple to call such a set of people a mob, I can't conceive, unless the name is too respectable for them. The sun is not about to stand still or go out, nor the rivers to dry up because there was a mob in Boston on the 5th of March that attacked a party of soldiers."

Adams also described the former slave Crispus Attucks, saying "his very look was enough to terrify any person" and that "with one hand [he] took hold of a bayonet, and with the other knocked the man down." However, two witnesses contradict this statement, testifying that Attucks was 12–15 feet (3.7–4.6 m) away from the soldiers when they began firing, too far away to take hold of a bayonet. Adams stated that it was Attucks' behavior that, "in all probability, the dreadful carnage of that night is chiefly to be ascribed." He argued that the soldiers had the legal right to fight back against the mob and so were innocent. If they were provoked but not endangered, he argued, they were at most guilty of manslaughter.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
To be fair I would both kill and be killed to avoid being British

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm a saucy boy and an outlandish sailor

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Crispus Attucks and the saucy boys :c00l:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Colonel Cancer posted:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The British are scum

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

So are the people of Boston

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Where’s that picture of the Irish kid spearing a black guy with the American flag to keep him out of South Boston High School?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

lil poopendorfer posted:

Little known fact: the first American murdered by the British was a Black man named Crispus Attucks. If you think the British are racist today, well, back then they were even worse — if you can imagine.

Death to Britannia

America looked at how Britain treated black people and thought "This isnt enough racism"

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Szyznyk posted:

Where’s that picture of the Irish kid spearing a black guy with the American flag to keep him out of South Boston High School?

Soiling of Old Glory, April 5, 1976, photographer Stanley Forman

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Crispus Attacks (the british)

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

skasion posted:

Yeah and a cringing cop apologist to get them off in court, who later became president of the U.S. lmao

quote:

Adams told the jury to look beyond the fact that the soldiers were British. He referred to the crowd that had provoked the soldiers as "a motley rabble of saucy boys, negroes, and molattoes, Irish teagues and outlandish Jack Tarrs" (sailors). He then stated, "And why we should scruple to call such a set of people a mob, I can't conceive, unless the name is too respectable for them. The sun is not about to stand still or go out, nor the rivers to dry up because there was a mob in Boston on the 5th of March that attacked a party of soldiers."

Adams also described the former slave Crispus Attucks, saying "his very look was enough to terrify any person" and that "with one hand [he] took hold of a bayonet, and with the other knocked the man down." However, two witnesses contradict this statement, testifying that Attucks was 12–15 feet (3.7–4.6 m) away from the soldiers when they began firing, too far away to take hold of a bayonet. Adams stated that it was Attucks' behavior that, "in all probability, the dreadful carnage of that night is chiefly to be ascribed." He argued that the soldiers had the legal right to fight back against the mob and so were innocent. If they were provoked but not endangered, he argued, they were at most guilty of manslaughter.

The pigs used this exact excuse to justify murdering Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO a mere, um, 253 years later :shrug:

Henry Lee Mucus fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 6, 2023

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

the British, when left to their own devices in the 1700's and 1800's, routinely find new and creative ways to commit colonial atrocities. These days of course, we've evolved onto more civilized endeavours, the bloodlust is simply tempered by the city-wide thunder dome that exists in Manchester, Birmingham and London, where hordes of roving knife-gangs attempt to stab each other and everyone else for the sheer thrill of it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Boston invented racism

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Szyznyk posted:

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Soiling of Old Glory, April 5, 1976, photographer Stanley Forman

Man, white people sure were mad about their kids going to school with black children. I wonder what happened to all those old racist white assholes...

quote:

Congressional opposition to busing continued. Delaware senator (and future 46th US President) Joe Biden said "I don't feel responsible for the sins of my father and grandfather,"[20] and that busing was "a liberal train wreck."[21] In 1977, senators William Roth and Biden proposed the "Biden-Roth" amendment. This amendment "prevented judges from ordering wider busing to achieve actually-integrated districts."[22]
Oh.

Oh.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

It's a city. It can't really go anywhere

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It's a city. It can't really go anywhere

Right. Because Hillary killed it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

the holy poopacy posted:

Right. Because Hillary killed it.

I am fairly sure it still exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Britain planning to regain its waning power by re-invading and reoccupying the 13 colonies.