Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

It killed my dumbass closer and used single elimination for the final rounds, how is this not the dumbed poo poo ever?

Yes, I will die mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wanna watch the first Angels spring training game when these guys get to camp.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Six months of baseball to go :getin:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Axel Serenity posted:

Six months of baseball to go :getin:

oh god

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It’s wild that this is the START of the season.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
You couldn't have asked for a better tournament, either as a fan, or as someone who wants to see the game grow globally.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

RoastBeef posted:

It killed my dumbass closer and used single elimination for the final rounds, how is this not the dumbed poo poo ever?

die m...

quote:

Yes, I will die mad.

oh, carry on

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Can't believe that stadium has to host Marlins games now.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1638372765848805377

e: Apparently it's Seiya Suzuki's jersey, since he had to withdraw from the team due to injury.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 22, 2023

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

thehoodie posted:

I need some to lipread trout as he's walking away after the k

Looked like he said “gently caress” or maybe just exhaled.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
https://twitter.com/AriJordan_/status/1638372415049695232

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

unsurprisingly

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1638374970417119232

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh man, the Japanese call. This loving rules.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1638376465036107776

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The game's gonna end with Ohtani striking out Trout, isn't it?

Epic prediction there.

bawfuls posted:

Trout is fated to never win a team championship of any kind, while Ohtani will bounce this winter and eventually get a ring.

So it is written, so let it be done.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is how super villain origin stories begin.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/ericstephen/status/1638371739251142656

Ho-hum numbers.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Ohtani really is the coolest player I’ve ever seen

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
it's always fun to see a bunch of countries with fans who are loud and super into it

and then america whose fans are deader than a butcher counter

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ohtani rules

baseball is home

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

mikeycp posted:

it's always fun to see a bunch of countries with fans who are loud and super into it

and then america whose fans are deader than a butcher counter

it’s hard to care super hard when america has the world’s most dominant league + all the best players + the highest level of competitive postseason but yeah I love to see other countries go absolutely wild trying (and succeeding) to take down the giant

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1638372416899407872?t=wvlVhyaGyDHgDsKV1dE37A&s=19

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

it’s hard to care super hard when america has the world’s most dominant league + all the best players + the highest level of competitive postseason but yeah I love to see other countries go absolutely wild trying (and succeeding) to take down the giant

Japan's won the WBC three of the five times with no other country winning more than one. How are they not the giant?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://twitter.com/karafagan/status/1638371802433847298

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

let's not send any st. louis cardinals to the next WBC

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

It's impossible to care about sports that are not the highest level of competition in the world. now what's all this about some school basketball tournament

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

actually the WBC rules and it owns that Japan is producing these insane baseball superfreaks.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I think 2026 is going to be almost just as good (hopefully even better) as this one. USA sent their best players (well ok, maybe not pitching) to the WBC this time around and we lost in a nail biter to Japan. This tournament was another big step forward for the WBC becoming a legit tournament that big name players will show up for.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

I think 2026 is going to be almost just as good (hopefully even better) as this one. USA sent their best players (well ok, maybe not pitching) to the WBC this time around and we lost in a nail biter to Japan. This tournament was another big step forward for the WBC becoming a legit tournament that big name players will show up for.

2026 will only be better if a washed Rizzo is boppin' with the paisans on team italy

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

There's like 10 pitchers who declined to play better than who USA had to use tonight.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

we could have sent like Dylan Cease over there and instead we're sending Arizona Diamondbacks, we are a failed country that deserves to be owned by the greatest baseballing nation in the world

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really didn’t think there was a lack of excitement from American fans and this seems like a weirdly cynical way to end such a great tournament. But there’s definitely just a messaging gap for Team USA. Everyone else is either a scrappy upstart or the best players in their country coming together in pride and the US is a bit of a scattershot or good players who are mostly pretty dull who ends up getting criticized for not being as good as they should be. And they goofily salute each other.

You can’t do much about everyone being a jaded rear end in a top hat. And to the players credit they clearly went on a pr campaign this week calling out players who didn’t take part. But that’s probably gotta happen more. You gotta sell to US players that it’s worth doing this and having the pick of the litter. But also people are still gonna just hate them if they win and laugh at them if they lose so what can you do?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Thing is pitching isn't really what lost tonight, it was only 3 runs given up. That was one of the most insane lineups the US could field and they managed 2 runs, Japans pitching is ridiculous and I think we're gonna start seeing a lot more guys coming over.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what other baseball event can give you a bunch of sleepy games featuring spherical guys you've never heard of climaxing in an ohtani-trout battle, what an event.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah for all the talk about the weakness of US pitching and strength of US offense they really didn’t give up that many runs all told and the offense just didn’t mash like advertised.

Even still they lost by 1 run in the championship game to a beast Japan team. So like… Team USA did pretty well. We got some sports radio takes otherwise.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

it certainly was a stomach upsettingly tight game

the good baseball feels that i hate and love

e: i'm just a grouch who hates America and also doesn't care for the MLB (org)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I am so goddamn mad I couldn't watch any of this.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Harold Reynolds had a goatee yesterday and today he doesn't and I find that very strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

Epic prediction there..

Lmao yeah who could have possibly saw that coming