Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

yeah. idk, homie probe me with a flash mob if you’re feeling sassy, but Queen is boring as hell to me. “crazy little thing called love” and “bicycle race” are good, but their albums are pretty boring and Brian May went super chud. like badgers are cool and all, but let’s probably not tarnish Freddie’s legacy.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

his coconut gun
can fire in spurts

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

queen ftw but boheamian rhapsody blows tureds. dont like it? face me in the ring.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

like I’m happy Boba found some cool jams for they self but this is how i imagine most people also react when I tell them how much I love Walter wegmuller’s Tarot album.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

his coconut gun
can fire in spurts

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah. idk, homie probe me with a flash mob if you’re feeling sassy, but Queen is boring as hell to me. “crazy little thing called love” and “bicycle race” are good, but their albums are pretty boring and Brian May went super chud. like badgers are cool and all, but let’s probably not tarnish Freddie’s legacy.

settle your rear end down

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NoiseAnnoys posted:

like I’m happy Boba found some cool jams for they self but this is how i imagine most people also react when I tell them how much I love Walter wegmuller’s Tarot album.

Oh for sure man.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

settle your rear end down

name me a queen song better than crazy thing called love. bonus points if it’s not a zillion years long and filled with guitar wankery.

triple bonus if it didn’t wasn’t broadcast back to back with Gary glitter at a tractor pull.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Under Pressure ft. David Bowie

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Alaois posted:

Under Pressure ft. David Bowie

gently caress forgot about that one, ‘cause i kinda just think of it as a Bowie song feat. Freddie. but I’ll allow it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NoiseAnnoys posted:

name me a queen song better than crazy thing called love. bonus points if it’s not a zillion years long and filled with guitar wankery.

triple bonus if it didn’t wasn’t broadcast back to back with Gary glitter at a tractor pull.

You’re being extremely weird

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

NoiseAnnoys posted:

no, how about you be normal dude?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You’re being extremely weird

I never pegged you as a “we will rock you” fan, tbh.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
What the gently caress is a tractor pull?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

you take two tricked out tractors and play tug of war or try to haul heavy objects. it’s a thing in some parts. pretty much a way to spend time drinking and watching heavy machines do they thing.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Nuns with Guns posted:

you try to pull stuff with tractors. anyways its a pedophile joke because gary glitter was one of the pedophiles who was finally held accountable in the fallout of the jimmy savile revelations

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Queen owns because to this day a bunch of dads are in denial about Freddie's sexual preferences

Also who wants to live forever is like the king of power ballads no one asked for

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

you try to pull stuff with tractors. anyways its a pedophile joke because gary glitter was one of the pedophiles who was finally held accountable in the fallout of the jimmy savile revelations

oh gently caress I didn’t mean it like that. That was stupid and a bad joke. I just grabbed at the first dumb arena rock song. I’ll eat the poo poo on that one. Sorry.

I do Not like Queen the band but Freddie was super cool and talented.

For clarities sake, not accusing Queen of being pedophiles or their fans of being pedophiles, should have gone to “Cotton Eyes Joe” instead.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

NoiseAnnoys posted:

oh gently caress I didn’t mean it like that. That was stupid and a bad joke. I just grabbed at the first dumb arena rock song. I’ll eat the poo poo on that one. Sorry.

I do Not like Queen the band but Freddie was super cool and talented.

For clarities sake, not accusing Queen of being pedophiles or their fans of being pedophiles, should have gone to “Cotton Eyes Joe” instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SxfJW_ybMs

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if he shoots ya
it's gonna hurt

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You don't have to share your hangups about Queen it's cool

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lanky Kong is a dumb rear end dipshit and that's why he's great tbh

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Killer Queen imo

E: I didn't realize people had such strong opinions about this lmao.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
You're My Best Friend is just the cutest drat song. Seriously name a cuter song. It is not possible

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Lanky Kong is a dumb rear end dipshit and that's why he's great tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PugcxQYJGjs

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Don't Stop Me Now is also very good.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm almost certain that 75% of the push to make Highlander a TV show was just to use the Queen theme song.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

sweet geek swag posted:

It rules and the bar fight scene in Shaun of the Dead used it incredibly well.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Also have to give Freddy credit for probably the best live performance of all time. Even if you don't like queen you have to respect the stage presence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bToG3hKX5nM

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Dixville posted:

Also have to give Freddy credit for probably the best live performance of all time. Even if you don't like queen you have to respect the stage presence.

I was gonna post this. Queen at live aid rules so much that it’s insane.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When I was a kid I introduced* my uncle to Queen and Freddie Mercury and I think he died a little inside

In retrospect the look on his face was worth whatever embarrassment I felt when I realized what I'd done

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dixville posted:

rrather an ironic concert name in retrospect

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Runa posted:

When I was a kid I introduced* my uncle to Queen and Freddie Mercury and I think he died a little inside

In retrospect the look on his face was worth whatever embarrassment I felt when I realized what I'd done

lol hell yeah

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

sweet geek swag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXxta2arSUQ

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dongicus posted:

queen ftw but boheamian rhapsody blows tureds. dont like it? face me in the ring.

The movie? Yes, it's not very good.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The song about riding bicycles is great. Way ahead of its time, but now that cycling is more socially acceptable, it definitely 'hits different'.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

you take two tricked out tractors and play tug of war or try to haul heavy objects. it’s a thing in some parts. pretty much a way to spend time drinking and watching heavy machines do they thing.

you try to pull stuff with tractors.

Huh. I think I'd prefer to go watch monster trucks, but I guess that's probably harder to put together or buy seats for.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

rrather an ironic concert name in retrospect

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Paladinus posted:

The song about riding bicycles is great. Way ahead of its time, but now that cycling is more socially acceptable, it definitely 'hits different'.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzkSg9e3Uw

still rips