Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

johnny park posted:

personmally i think harold is providing a valuable service by demonstrating how quickly goons go insane after being given power

The MK vs DC universe Rage plot device/gameplay gimmick but for goons.

Fritz the Horse posted:

I dunno if IKs can see a thread history or not, but if you go to Endorph's OP there should be "Close" "Edit" etc buttons. If you hit "Edit" there should be a "Thread History" block which gives a record of who's open/closed it or changed the title.

I vaguely saw something like this while doing leper's colony archives browsing, about a goon opening/closing a thread like 20 times in 5 minutes against docevil -

Lmao there it is.

Hitting preview post can be good sometimes :cheers:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:stonk:

Gay Retarded Baby
Mar 12, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

AdmiralViscen posted:

I don’t think it’s good enough for him to be de-IK’d

I’d like to know which mod/admin nominated him for this role, and what discussion went into it before it was decided?

The simplest things take an agonizing amount of time to build consensus on and it seems like it would be very easy to see that this Harold guy should hold zero authority on this website

I did, I'll do it again, and this discussion is closed.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

jay z's sedan posted:

click on edit and see who made the changes

ah, there it is, TY

Reveilled posted:

How was the decision actually made to give Harold buttons? Was there like a 10 minute window at some point where anyone who asked got made an IK?

IDK how it went for the other IKs but here's what happened in my situation:

- I thought "maybe I should be an IK" and asked podima if he'd recommend me or something
- pod said I should just email jeff
- I don't remember if I thought it sounded like a lot of work or actually decided I didn't really want to or if I just forgot so I didn't. even odds on all of the above tbh
- like the next day jeff pm'd me asking me to be IK and I was like "well if someone's asking me to they can't find anyone worse"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LOL

Yeah, take his buttons. Maybe even the normal user buttons, too.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

:goofy:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The real crime here is light mode

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Seth Pecksniff posted:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lol

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the only thing dumber than letting a d&d poster mod d&d is letting a d&d poster mod the feedback forum

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
the 2nd person to go milquetoast with power in as many months. we need to halt all moderation action until OSHA can send a task force on site to figure out what's going on here

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he's besties with elephant ambush so this may have been inevitable

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Milk toast rear end MFer

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Note that he has stopped posting since getting called out in the sagas thread, because he never had the heart of a poster in the first place

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
also don't PM me to tell me to roast you in the thread about you instead of the other one (then close this one) you fuckin weirdo

actually just don't pm me at all

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Oxxidation posted:

he's besties with elephant ambush so this may have been inevitable

He probated elephant ambush like twice for a post in SAD because he saw us doing chain probing him in TEPA and wanted a piece, so I'm not sure about that.
Or maybe he's even weirder than I thought. I don't even like saying this about someone who's mostly inoffensive as far as I can tell but he definitely shouldn't have buttons.

E:

TheSwizzler posted:

also don't PM me to tell me to roast you in the thread about you instead of the other one (then close this one) you fuckin weirdo

lmao what the gently caress?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Before:

After:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheSwizzler posted:

Lol wtf

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Doctor Goat posted:

Note that he has stopped posting since getting called out in the sagas thread, because he never had the heart of a poster in the first place

He caught a 6er from Roth for trying to defend his posts making fun of a goon who got groomed, that's why he hasn't posted yet.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TheSwizzler posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

goldmine

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
mad about the butt(ons)

The Postman
May 12, 2007

TheSwizzler posted:

lmfao

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheSwizzler posted:

lol and lol that he probed this too

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

TheSwizzler posted:

lol

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

TheSwizzler posted:

lmao. mans losin it

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Extremely competent leadership on display here once again. Amazing stuff

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

TheSwizzler posted:

i think this harold fellow should probably calm the gently caress down

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Uhhh. I am at a soccer game and it's only halftime. When I get home I am de-iking Harold and freeing his hostages.

I think the rest of the admins are out enjoying their Saturday nights as well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cuttlefush posted:

make him admin

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

Uhhh. I am at a soccer game and it's only halftime. When I get home I am de-iking Harold and freeing his hostages.

I think the rest of the admins are out enjoying their Saturday nights as well.

another SAD success story

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
my honest recommendation for new IKs (and mods) is to not get all gung-ho out of the gate. ask for advice from folks that have been doing it a while and just kind of follow their lead. lurk more

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

well ths went about the most expected way possible

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fritz the Horse posted:

my honest recommendation for new IKs (and mods) is to not get all gung-ho out of the gate. ask for advice from folks that have been doing it a while and just kind of follow their lead. lurk more

Alternatively don't and provide more content for the eventual sagas thread.

Thanks!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

TheSwizzler posted:

Harold Fjord irl:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90AiXO1pAiA