Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Only one of those reigns happened during the much lauded Invasion storyline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 81.25% of the vote, Sting's reign advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Sheamus' sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign vs. Ricky Steamboat's sole NWA World Heavyweight Championship reign

Sheamus' sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign:
-won from Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania XXVIII
-lasted 210 days
-featured eight title defenses, the highest rated being a 2/3 falls match against Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules '12 (****)
-lost against the Big Show at Hell in a Cell '12

Ricky Steamboat's sole NWA World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from Ric Flair at Chi-Town Rumble
-lasted 76 days
-featured at least four title defenses, the highest rated being a five-star affair (twice) - once against Ric Flair at Clash of the Champions #6, the second being...
-lost to Ric Flair at WrestleWar '89

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Steamboat didn't win the belt in 18 seconds

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Opinions are subjective and each individual person has their own background, story and values that are a culmination of a unique series of past events leading up to this current point of time.

That said, if you don't vote for Ricky Steamboat here then your opinion is 100% objectively, factually, wrong.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Haven't you heard? You want Sheamus.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Flair/Steamboat is almost as important as Sheamus/Alberto Del Rio

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
I remember the 18-second match, the pretty good match they had at the next PPV and the fun series of matches over the belt that he had with Big Show, but gently caress me if I can remember anything else from that run - so the start and the end, I remember, but the middle is just a giant blur.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

I remember the 18-second match, the pretty good match they had at the next PPV and the fun series of matches over the belt that he had with Big Show, but gently caress me if I can remember anything else from that run - so the start and the end, I remember, but the middle is just a giant blur.

He pooped in Alberto Del Rio's car

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The 18 second match, if nothing else, accidentally launched Bryan's massive popularity.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in hindsight steamboat's sole reign was insulting and very bad. the wrestling and gates during the time were keen however! it's an odd one to score and i suppose it's fine that one of the ric flairs will defeat him. thanks a lot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Flair/Steamboat is almost as important as Sheamus/Alberto Del Rio

At least Sheamus/Del Rio had more matches I guess

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Steamboat's reign should have been longer.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 95.83% of the vote, we've got a Cinderella in the Sweet 16 as Ricky Steamboat's reign advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Ric Flair's fifth NWA World Heavyweight Championship reign vs. Mark Henry's sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign

Ric Flair's fifth NWA World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from Dusty Rhodes at a Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling event
-lasted 412 days
-featured at least twelve televised title defenses, the highest rated being a five-star affair against Barry Windham on World Wide Wrestling
-lost to Ron Garvin in a steel cage match at a Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling event

Mark Henry's sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign:
-won from Randy Orton at Night of Champions '11
-lasted 91 days
-featured eight title defenses, the highest rated being a match against the Big Show at Vengeance '11 (***1/4)
-lost to the Big Show in a chairs match at TLC: Tables, Ladder, & Chairs '11

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

easy vote for flair and his access to cocaine

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Flair didn't send anyone into the Negaverse, the answer here is obvious

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 69.23% of the vote, Ric Flair's reign advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Ric Flair's fourth NWA World Heavyweight Championship reign vs. Ric Flair's fifth WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign

Ric Flair's fourth NWA World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-introduced Big Gold Belt at Battle of the Belts II
-lasted 162 days (from introduction)
-featured one televised defense, a five-star affair at Battle of the Belts II against Barry Windham
-lost to Dusty Rhodes in a steel cage match during the Great American Bash Tour '86

Ric Flair's fifth WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from Randy Savage in a steel cage match at SuperBrawl VI
-lasted 71 days
-featured eight title defenses, the highest rated being a match against Randy Savage on Nitro (***1/2)
-lost to the Giant on Nitro

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

finally getting to the real matchups

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I voted for Ric Flair

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 93.33% of the vote, Ric Flair's earlier reign advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Ric Flair's first WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign vs. King Booker's sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign

Ric Flair's first WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-Big Gold Belt changes representation from NWA to WCW following Ric Flair's win against Sting at a house show
-lasted 171 days (officially)
-featured four title defenses, the highest rated being a match against Tatsumi Fujinami at SuperBrawl I (***3/4)
-Officially ended July 1, 1991, when Ric Flair left WCW for the WWF

King Booker's sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign:
-won from Rey Mysterio at the Great American Bash '06
-lasted 126 days
-featured nine title defenses, the highest rated being a Fatal Four-way against Batista, Bobby Lashley, and Finlay at No Mercy '06 (***1/2)
-lost to Batista at Survivor Series

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Flair probably had better matches, but there's no chance he was as entertaining segement to segment as KING BOOKAH

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

idk if that's true, 91 is not a good year for flair imho. im leaning towards booker t.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I really enjoyed the King Booker gimmick.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I went to a WCW House Show in 91 during Flair's run. The main event was Flair Vs Sting in a steel cage (to keep the Horsemen from interfering) with El Gigante as special guest referee. Apparently they ran the same general storyline on a bunch of house shows. Pretty much during the card El Gigante would get attacked by the Horsemen which kept him from being ref. Flair and Sting did their normal thing and hit all their normal spots during the match. The horsemen would run out and break into the cage, keeping Sting from winning. El Gigante would run out in his Ref Attire, clear the horsemen out of the ring, Sting would pin Flair with Gigante counting the pin and everyone would act like Sting just won the match and the title. Then I turned on WCW Saturday Night and Flair was still the champ with absolutely no mention of the match. I was annoyed as a kid and I am still annoyed to this day.

Voting for King Booker

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
King Bookah was so entertaining that it got my wrestling hating (at the time) family Into it so I gotta vote for him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

syzpid posted:

I went to a WCW House Show in 91 during Flair's run. The main event was Flair Vs Sting in a steel cage (to keep the Horsemen from interfering) with El Gigante as special guest referee. Apparently they ran the same general storyline on a bunch of house shows. Pretty much during the card El Gigante would get attacked by the Horsemen which kept him from being ref. Flair and Sting did their normal thing and hit all their normal spots during the match. The horsemen would run out and break into the cage, keeping Sting from winning. El Gigante would run out in his Ref Attire, clear the horsemen out of the ring, Sting would pin Flair with Gigante counting the pin and everyone would act like Sting just won the match and the title. Then I turned on WCW Saturday Night and Flair was still the champ with absolutely no mention of the match. I was annoyed as a kid and I am still annoyed to this day.

Voting for King Booker

absolutely disgusting. i've changed my vote to king booker

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 66.67% of the vote, King Booker's reign advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Hollywood Hogan's second WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign vs. Edge's second World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign

Hollywood Hogan's second WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from the Giant at Hog Wild
-lasted 359 days
-featured six title defenses, none of which received a star rating
-lost to Lex Luger on Nitro

Edge's second World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign:
-won from Batista at Armageddon '07
-lasted 105 days
-featured four title defenses, the highest rated being...
-lost to the Undertaker at WrestleMania 24 (****1/4)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lex beating Hogan for the title was an incredible moment that came at a truly bizarre time (in the middle of Sting's slow silent period building to his own - sabotaged - title win), then Luger losing it back almost immediately just making a complete waste of the whole thing.

Edge/Taker was an incredible match and from memory was the capstone of Edge's whole "La Familia" thing which I really enjoyed... so Edge!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 70.59% of the vote, Edge's reign advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Ric Flair's sixth NWA World Heavyweight Championship reign vs. Triple H's third World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign

Ric Flair's sixth NWA World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from Ron Garvin at Starrcade '87 in a steel cage match
-lasted 452 days
-featured at least six televised title defenses, the highest rated being...
-lost to Ricky Steamboat at Chi-Town Rumble (*****)

Triple H's third World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign:
-won from Goldberg at Armageddon '03
-lasted 91 days
-featured three title defenses, the highest rated being....
-lost to Chris Benoit at WrestleMania XX (****3/4)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Have a feeling one could end in a landslide

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

voting for HHH's reign as it stopped me from watching wrestling for 10 years.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
By unanimous decision, Ric Flair's reign advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Kane's sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign vs. Hollywood Hogan's third WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign

Kane's sole World Heavyweight Championship (WWE) reign:
-won from Rey Mysterio at Money in the Bank '10
-lasted 154 days
-featured six title defenses, the highest rated being...
-lost to Edge in a Tables, Ladders, & Chairs match at TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs '10 (****1/4)

Hollywood Hogan's third WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from Lex Luger at Road Wild '97
-lasted 141 days
-featured three title defenses, none of which received a star rating
-lost to Sting at Starrcade '97

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Voted for Kane, I really enjoyed his MITB cash in

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
IT'S GOTTA BE

IT'S GOTTA BE KANE!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Voted for Hollywood "Scum" Hogan because right up until the moment he Hoganed it all up at Starrcade the end of his title reign was looking set to be one of the all time great wrestling angles :sigh:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Wish there was a 'neither, get these fuckers outta here' option

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

since they're both very bad i'm voting for hulk hogan because kane the man as well as the character said something extremely heinous and harmful as a person but even moreso as a political leader yesterday. sorry to bring that into it. the vote is a big deal however

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Went with the guy that caused less real world harm. gently caress Mayor Kane. Anyone that politicises a pandemic, as if it’s meant to give a poo poo who you vote for, is loving scum.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
2011 or 2013 i am voting for Kane. 2023 anyone but Glen Jacobs. Absolutely real life counts for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 72.22% of the vote, Hollywood Hogan's reign advances:

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Rick Rude's first WCW International World Heavyweight Championship reign vs. Scott Steiner's sole WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign

Rick Rude's first WCW International World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from Ric Flair at Fall Brawl '93
-lasted 178 days
-featured eight title defenses, the highest rated being a match against Ric Flair at Halloween Havoc '93 (***1/4)
-lost to Hiroshi Hase during Hyper Battle

Scott Steiner's sole WCW World Heavyweight Championship reign:
-won from Booker T in a Straightjacket Caged Heat match at Mayhem '00
-lasted 120 days
-featured 14 title defenses, the highest rated being a match against Diamond Dallas Page at Greed (***1/2)
-lost to Booker T on Nitro