Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
beefy i really think ur wife has a reel of ABS thats mislabeled as PLA or something, mine is basically odorless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

bought a vintage marantz amp 10 years ago and replaced the bulbs. did a poo poo soldering job back then and the bulbs would flicker once everything warmed up. finally redid it this weekend and deox-it'd everything again. works good now. i am really fuckin good at procrastinating.

also adjusted the tape speed on my deck after replacing the belts like 6 months ago. did it by ear with a familiar album which will do for now, but i need to order me a 3khz test tape.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Meatball pizza on garlic crust :yum:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

polyester concept posted:

also adjusted the tape speed on my deck after replacing the belts like 6 months ago. did it by ear with a familiar album which will do for now, but i need to order me a 3khz test tape.
if your near-by computer can play incoming sound at the same time as in application, you can do similar what I did: use Audacity to generate a tone, and record that on the tape machine. play it back into the computer at the same time you're playing the original back in Audacity. adjust the pitch until they sound the same, like tuning guitar strings.

mine was a 4-track cassette recorder so I was using its mixer and not a computer, but the theory is the same.

I first tried it using the pitch slider and an old Dead Kennedys tape I had lying around. I don't have perfect pitch or anything but even after all these years I know what Jello's voice is supposed to sound like :D turned out i wasn't too far off with my original adjustment, but obviously I want it to be next to perfect if I'm going to be using it for real.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the weekend is too short

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

graph posted:

the weekend is too short

become unemployed: Bam! instant never-ending weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
friends, thats gonna wrap it up. It sucks, but the weekend is over.

Had a pretty good one. Parenting continues to be a challenge but whatcha gonna do. Not really lookin forward to the week, but again, whatcha gonna do.

I hope this weekened was good for you. If it wasn't, well, the good news for you and everyone else is that there's another one in five days. It aint that long, and you've always managed it before, you can do it again. I'll see you all in the next weekend thread.