Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i have professional development to do. this is the 4th saturday or so I have given to it, all prior ones have resulted in no work. I spend most of the time wishing for other things (like to be dead lol) rather than getting the work done. lmao echi you really do suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

knox_harrington posted:

did you get anywhere with an ADHD evaluation? this is executive dysfunction.

yeah lol and guess what the answer is

I actually did email the most promising clinic and they said yeah we have an intake in a few months and gave me a list of 13 other places to contact, and the process of sending this email and getting a response unfortunately satiated a large chunk of that drive. lol. emailing all these places and getting a appt is literally at the top of my list. my partner even said she’d pay for one of the pricier ones for me, which should mean shorter wait list, which is good.. but I still need to send off miore emails! echi you god forsaken clown

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

Right click on your professional development and "go to work" bitch

as I am sure you’re familiar with this issue, the biggest issue is that the direction forward is vague.

BUT I AM GOING TO DI SOME RIGHR NIW

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

My gf has continuing education/professional development requirements too. Her secret is to find the "free" online ones that you just have to sign in and attend. She watches them on the couch smoking weed. Try that

if it was just “doing work” like that it wouldn’t be so bad, the challenging ones are like self reflection, and culturally safe work practices.

the older format was as you described and back then I’d get paid $100 to go to a meeting that would take an hour and a half and it’d meet some requirements and so it was easy as to meet them. I do not feel good about these ones

But I bought myself 3 big cans of red bull and am about to start the first

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

knox_harrington posted:

pretty zesty levels of irony in having to work through a big admin burden to get told you have a disorder that prevents you doing admin

tbf she was just being helpful by giving me lots of alternatives, but yeah giving me more options also just means more to think about.

I need to suck it up and just do it though lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

but before that i gotta make some tea :sicknasty:

sick adulting bruv

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just took another 200mg caffeine and some l-tyrosine and some fish oil. and still got a litre of redbull in the fridge

hopefully I can get some work done

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
she'll be right mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it took a LOT but I got most of my prof dev done and what I have left is very clear. god i’m releived

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

If you hurry you might be done in time for your date with Bella Goth

ajajahahah

dioxazine posted:

good work, echi!

thank!yiu! what a relief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

little jones had his first baseball game this morning, then we went to a birthday party for one of his friends. i met some other parents, which was nice. i also played some two-player kirby with the boy, which is basically his favorite thing in the world to do. we're on the magolor epilogue, which he generally needs help with. after we finish this game, he wants to buy kirby star allies which ought to be fun

cool