Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
All the spam emails you get are actually from the ghosts of Nigerian princes and Hot Horny Ladies in Your Area.

God was super bored with thousands of years of the woooo spooky stuff, and when the internet came around, it had a new outlet to be a giant dick.

No escaping the prison of eternal afterlife (everyone you can't stand is still there) for the freeing bliss of non-existence until you can scam at least a mil in iTunes gift cards, bitcoins, or straight up money transfers from romance scams.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I don't really get the wearing a sheet thing if you were an actual visible ghost, it's sort of the clothing version of using the hard R since some people kind of ruined the whole wearing a sheet thing.

People are gonna make assumptions about you and you have to preface all the hauntings with "Wooowooo, I'm not racist, but..."

Seems tiring. Just like be a gross corpse and drag chains around or something. Throw crap around.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

free hubcaps posted:

I think so many ghost stories are set during the the late 18th/early 19th century cuz the victorians/ edwardians loved them and kinda invented the modern ghost story. MR James and Algernon Blackwood are two of the best from that era; this is one of my favorites.

This one is a great story concept, thanks for sharing but yeah :words:.

I'm gonna take the base concept and do a modern adapt for next time I've got kiddos around the campfire who want to get their spooky on, tailored to their interests and attention spans.

Maybe your fortnight character slightly changes each time you come back, but when you recheck, it's back the way you left it? Lotta ways to play with it.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I do sometimes hear thumping and pitter pattering in the night, and small objects are moved around, usually to the floor.

But the cat is always sleeping when I get up after its automatic feeder has done its thing half an hour before I need to be up.

I think the cat has ghosts.