Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

everythingWasBees posted:

things like the torture scene or " this player has sex dolls of two of the other players. it's a core part of the plot that we can't spoil" were only revealed after the game.

I left the game I was in on bad terms for different reasons, but then when talking to others a bunch of this stuff spilled out when we actually compared to notes.

What in God's name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

everythingWasBees posted:

this is a pretty lengthy list! you could usually assume it to be exhaustive. you usually don't expect there to be a racist Korean caricature with sex dolls and a fixation on "supreme leader" but hey I guess we were meant to expect that.

What the gently caress

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Lord of Hats posted:

That was the character Meinberg was assigned. As I understand it, did raise it as a question, talked through playing it with the mods--and yes, as shown, Pod talked about what he thought the authorial intent was--and ultimately decided that they were fine going ahead with it as written. And I believe that there was a further check-in, to which Meinberg expressed that they were still fine with it. This is not a case of "change was requested, Pod was mad"

After the game began, rather than bring up with the gamerunners that "Actually, no, I know I said I was fine with it but I've realized that I'm not", they proceeded to privately message other players about "Hey, my character is actually terrible, and this is the mods' secret fetish". I can't really speak to why Meinberg made this decision. An offshoot discord was formed, which included someone spectating the game taking screenshots of other players' private correspondence with the mods ('confessionals', private channels for communicating concerns with the mod and generally making notes or working on characterization, and which some players choose to have open to spectators), and sharing it. Understandably, this created a significant schism in the community, which did eventually split.

Hey, guess what, it wasn't. I get the sentiment, but hyperbole really isn't helpful. There's all of two incidents at play here. If people want to think differently of Pod than I do, that's their choice, but it should at least be on the facts as opposed to a game of telephone that he's some kind of serial non-con ERPer who likes to drag people in unwillingly.

Maybe don't run the weird sex doll RPG in the first place if you don't want players to feel uncomfortable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kild posted:

What the gently caress does harvesting private communications mean??

It means they're trying to convince us the sex puppet gamemaster who apparently made people insanely uncomfortable did nothing wrong.

I've only roleplayed via Discord a couple of times with friends but I'm 100% certain if someone had tried the stuff Podima (allegedly) did they would've been flattened immediately and with extreme prejudice.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 19, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

peramene posted:

I want to be absolutely clear about this, because I see that this is already devolving into the same inane nonsense it devolved into last time Bees tried this on my discord server.

I ran Riven. Podima assisted, often kicking and screaming, to make my dream a reality. It was, largely, still a tremendous failure.

He is not responsible. I am the OP on the forum thread. I am the owner of the discord server. (idiots)

Conflating these two games and hiding my ownership of Riven was willfully manipulative, of the exact sort of character I have come to expect from Bees et al.

oh hey, thanks. you're loving late. you started off with a misrepresentation that better served your narrative, and now you're walking it back. anything else you want to clarify?

Umm, this explains absolutely loving nothing and exonerates nobody, especially podima.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

well who to believe about this sex pervert situation... bees, or

oh my god

Podima posted:

Anyways, I'll ask Jeffrey to remove my star. That's the least I can do at this point, but again - I'm really sorry for the harm caused by my game modding decisions.

Holy poo poo an actual mature adult decision. Now I definitely know you aren't qualified to be a forums janitor.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lady Radia posted:

literally the whole point of Utena is that Anthy is being sexually abused and it takes Utena also being preyed on but still wanting to help Anthy for Anthy to be able to escape the cycle of abuse oh my god i know you're not trying but never compare whatever the gently caress this garbage is to Utena again please.

How is this the second QCS/SAD mod meltdown that involves Utena in some way?