Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister

Endorph posted:

was it a game where the players weren't all together seeing each other's scenes? like a werewolf game or something where the person running the game would do one on one RP with someone and the players had to solve some kind of mystery relating to each other?

If the dude was using that to spring weird sex stuff on people, that seems very much like taking advantage of the game's format to be a creep.

That's precisely what happened. (I was in one of said games)

edit: reread what you wrote, sorry, it wasn't just GM + player 1-on-1 scenes, but there was a lot of spreading out players and keeping everyone in the dark.

renessia fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister

qnqnx posted:

Frankly this all should have been aired much earlier, and that ignoring the part that Podima was already a mod.

It was aired and summarily ignored.

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister

This was Pod's response to some folks expressing concern over how the sex-doll game was being handled.

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister

The Lord of Hats posted:

This was, I believe, after the formation of the offshoot discord that was harvesting private communications.

"harvesting private communications" is a wild way to word "talking about wtf was going on in a place where our posts wouldn't get immediately deleted for 'threatening the sanctity of the roleplay'"

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister

HopperUK posted:

Bifauxnen's post touches on something I wasn't sure how to say which is that if you're not in the hobby, it's hard to explain how life-consuming and emotional and high-stakes online RP can feel. In my early 20s I used to get *way* too sucked into similar online spaces, and there are good reasons I don't join those kinds of games any more.

Yeah. This incident has been a dark cloud hanging over our heads ever since it happened. It's hard to understate just how far this stuff can suck you in and hurt you when it goes wrong.

Glad to finally have some closure. Props to Pod for acknowledging their missteps, and thanks to Docbeard for letting us say our piece.