Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

wanted to make a thread for this so i could talk about it outside the weekend thread and games beat. it kicks rear end. i've finished p ranking floors 1-3. nothing can stop me now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it's game of the year. i got all p ranks and just finished unlocking the final outfit last night. i recorded it with the intent to upload it as a half assed true ending speedrun attempt but the audio got hosed up so i didnt. would have been 29/34 on the leaderboard though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

pizza tower from the permabanned cspam guy crew riseup

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i haven't bought it yet but i will. thanks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm on the 3rd floor and just played golf. Farewell

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

absolutely anything posted:

it's game of the year. i got all p ranks and just finished unlocking the final outfit last night. i recorded it with the intent to upload it as a half assed true ending speedrun attempt but the audio got hosed up so i didnt. would have been 29/34 on the leaderboard though

nice. I just made a new file for that and the money clothes. Got the money clothes and then immediately wasted a bunch of time so i abandoned the speedrun attempt, but I'll give it another shot later

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

no one has bought it for me yet so I have yet to play it

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I will play this game someday.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Waiting for it to be ported to Macintosh based operating systems but the more I see of it the hyper it gets.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Waiting for it to get on the Xbox AND/OR Switch, OP.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

American McGay posted:

Waiting for it to be ported to Macintosh based operating systems but the more I see of it the hyper it gets.

This right here

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
switch port/anywhere else port probably isnt happening for a long time if ever

pizza tower patch notes posted:

We are also now Steam Deck Verified! So now you can have Pizza Tower on the go, instead of waiting for a port to you-know-where, which I can guarantee you will not come out anytime soon.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Maybe he should quit being a lazy gently caress then. The Stardew guy ported it to everything and made 100 billion dollars.

----------------

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Gonna fumble the bag if he doesn't port this to other consoles.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if you game on a mac you should be tied to a chair and executed gangland style, im sorry. i dont make the rules

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

if you game on a mac you should be tied to a chair and executed gangland style, im sorry. i dont make the rules
You're right, you don't make the rules. So I will continue to play Torchlight 2 on my MacBook Air in peace.

----------------

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

trying to jack off posted:

pizza tower from the permabanned cspam guy crew riseup

:hai:

----------------

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i've been repeatedly tempted to order a steam deck entirely for this game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think the precision movement would be frustrating on the unwieldily Steam Deck controls. If you were casually playing maybe, but if you're going for all pee rank then woof.

----------------

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

havenb't touched one or looked at one but i bet it would be easy for me.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

no one has bought it for me yet so I have yet to play it

lol odysseus buying polyphemus games on steam while the other cyclopes are confused by his hollering

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d gifted this to me so I should probably play it.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

same

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
its fun to run around jumping on stuff and discovering secrets

----------------

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's a ton of fun and the soundtrack is phenomenal. You can tell a lot of effort and thought went into it.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

finally buying this today OP. looking forward to playing it with steamlink on my retroid

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Plutonis posted:

ideally this, though

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Plutonis posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It's a ton of fun and the soundtrack is phenomenal. You can tell a lot of effort and thought went into it.

playing the old demos is really weird because all the aesthetics were there but the gameplay is not at all. i really wouldn't have expected it to turn out so incredible. but then i only checked out the 2019 ones, maybe there was later patreon stuff that was shaping up more

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ok development started in 2018 and the demos i played are from 2019 and apparently theres been four additional years since then so that makes a lot of sense

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Pizza Tower is great until I choke on a P-rank run because I shinesparked into the ceiling or suddenly forgot how to duck into a roll, after which it's the worst game I've ever played until tomorrow when I load it up again.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The final boss theme in particular makes me pog hard

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the entire ending sequence is ridiculously satisfying. when i try to show people the game now i play a couple early levels then all the bosses then WAR then the finale.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Thanks imps, I didn't even know this came out, the animations are really cool

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

pizza pizza time

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

really looking forward to playing this, it looks rad

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i tried to rank all the songs but there's too many good ones. here's my best attempt. Mondays and Secret Hoppin' here just represent all the lobby / secret music respectively.

you should be able to create one with this template https://tiermaker.com/create/pizza-tower-ost-most-in-game-songs-15681260. making 57 images and discovering that they didn't fit in tiermaker's only landscape ratio and making 57 new images was sweet

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

nothing against the tracks in D. i just never need to go listen to them for any reason.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

little munchkin posted:

its fun to run around jumping on stuff and discovering secrets

yeah, and the video game aint bad either! lol jk, just an example of the kind of mischief we get up to around here :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This game made me look up the Wario Land 3 mini golf game and I found this weird unofficial fan site https://www.warioland3.com/index.html