Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Same, if a Niners fan comes in and wants them, they’re yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I will fill in for the Titans.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Eltoasto posted:

I will fill in for the Titans.

They're all yours.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Silly Burrito posted:

Same, if a Niners fan comes in and wants them, they’re yours.

Niners draft is the easiest one. Just draft QBs with every pick so you have enough to survive through the end of January

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Alright, the picks thread is live, and the Panthers are on the clock

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's frigking go

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

let's frigking go

Let us go (freakingly!!!)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ShakeZula posted:

Alright, the picks thread is live, and the Panthers are on the clock

In response to the op of the linked thread: the value of interior OL is enormous. Infinite. Centers I believe are the position which has the most surplus value given current contract amounts.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

In response to the op of the linked thread: the value of interior OL is enormous. Infinite. Centers I believe are the position which has the most surplus value given current contract amounts.

Sorry, you'll have to take Levis. Stroud, Young, Richardson going top 3 and I have no idea of the order

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

:(

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Chin up. Let me get you a Hooker.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
First pick made! In the end I couldn't ignore the raw physical attributes, running ability and near limitless upside of Antho- no, of course we aren't doing that. Height, weight and injury history played a big part here when deciding between the top two but what really got me was just watching every snap from that Georgia game. I saw a player that could see the whole field, extend plays when necessary, and make some of the most crazy accurate throws I've ever seen at the college level. Are there question marks? Of course. But God dammit the natural skill CJ has plus the coaching staff we've put together has me absolutely salivating. I think either player could do incredibly well with us though. But I see massive potential in what Stroud offers as well as a decently high floor.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I don't like any of the QBs apart from Stroud. Houston will get a good pick next year, so we can get a better QB.

Anderson is the best player in the draft, Jalen Carter has proven himself to have questionable character.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Things gonna get spicy. If thus was the real draft Arizona gonna get a hell of a deal. Maybe even ft9m indy.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Sad King Billy posted:

I don't like any of the QBs apart from Stroud. Houston will get a good pick next year, so we can get a better QB.

Anderson is the best player in the draft, Jalen Carter has proven himself to have questionable character.

Anderson is so good, op

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Anderson is so good, op

For all the talk about how Jalen Carter is the best player in this draft, I think it really undersold Anderson. His ability to defend the run might be better than his pass rush, which is saying something. He's a generational talent.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Dang, I might actually have more of a choice to make at 4 than I expected

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I am agreeing as hard as I can, Sataere. It makes no sense that Carter was considered the best prospect in the draft, even before the car stuff and conditioning pro day whoopsie.

Anderson’s 2021 was something that the SEC will remember for eternity.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If this were a real draft, Arizona would be about to get a whole haul of picks.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah in a real draft this is close to the best-case scenario for Arizona. In a trade-free draft, unfortunately, it's close to the worst-case scenario.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Houston fans would probably hate me.
Young just seems too fragile to me.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Future Seahawks 5x Super Bowl MVP Anthony Richardson is actually going to be available at 5 isn't he?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I don’t feel good about the Cardinals taking Jalen Carter given the circumstances, but if you want you can instead imagine a huge amount of draft picks received in trade

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Hamhandler posted:

I don’t feel good about the Cardinals taking Jalen Carter given the circumstances, but if you want you can instead imagine a huge amount of draft picks received in trade

If (when?) Anderson slips to number 3 I could see the Lions making an offer for Anderson.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Well this has gotten wacky quickly

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Amazing the difference one draft pick makes.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Size concerns are legit, but it's hard to pass on the quality of play that Bryce has put on the field. Maybe he gets ground into a fine paste after a season or two, but I think he'll be ready to start Week 1 and I think as long as he can stay healthy he'll be really good.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hizawk posted:

If (when?) Anderson slips to number 3 I could see the Lions making an offer for Anderson.

Whatchu think it would cost for the lions to go from 6 to 3?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Whatchu think it would cost for the lions to go from 6 to 3?

Maybe just one of their second round picks. 3 to 6 isn't that far.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Hizawk posted:

Maybe just one of their second round picks. 3 to 6 isn't that far.

You're looking at giving up #48 (420 pts) and #81 (185 pts) to go from 6 (1600 pts) to 3 (2200 pts) on the Jimmy Johnson chart.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/draft_trade_value.htm

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Why would the Lions make that move? Between Hutchinson and Houston they have two tremendous young pass rushers. I'd rather wait and take your pick at CB.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lions have promising young edges but my understanding is that the interior dl needs some love.

I personally wouldn’t make that trade to 3 for Carter, given the cost and the other lions roster holes, but I could see a world where it happens

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’ll make my pick soon ty for your patience

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Seattle:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Detroit Lions and Hizawk are on the clock

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Lions have promising young edges but my understanding is that the interior dl needs some love.

I personally wouldn’t make that trade to 3 for Carter, given the cost and the other lions roster holes, but I could see a world where it happens

The interior is definitely a roster hole. And will remain to be one so far!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hizawk posted:

I was 60%-40% on you going with Gonzales or Wilson. I wish all the best for the noble and knee-cap-biting Detroit Lions :)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gently caress. i was gonna take him at 9 to run the a11 with fields

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

:hawksin::hawksin:A++++ pick, looking forward to a decade of back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back Super Bowl wins. Seattle is nevering going to lose another game until Father Time chimes in. I hope y'all are ready to get wrecked:hawksin::hawksin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hizawk posted:

Who needs interior when you've got 4 edge rushers against 2 tackles