Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mirotic posted:

Shiv is the youngest and the only girl, so I definitely read a component of "this is the person I am Above, no matter what" in her relationship with Tom, because yeah, she's bottom of the pecking order twice over by virtue of her gender and her age.

In her own way she does love him, probably, or her ego wouldn't be quite so hurt, but like every person in that whole family she is not constitutionally capable of loving in a healthy / "normal" manner.

I just assumed until reading this that Roman was the youngest because he has the most incredible Youngest Child vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

“I will tear you apart like a human string cheese”

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

christmas boots posted:

Surround Greg with competent people and he will gently caress it up less than the others

Yeah like any good non-founder CEO success is directly correlated with being aware of their lack of skills. The kids all have too high opinions of their own abilities, but Tom and Greg know they’re just trying to surround themselves with people to make them look as not-stupid as possible. Greg wants to be CEO for the perks and so his entire work day would be spent making sure he remains as inoffensive as possible. Tom has just enough ambition that he might think he can do something dumb and still land on his feet, which he wouldn’t.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

theCalamity posted:

Frank hitting the wall when Kendall insisted that the pilots could talk felt so real

Kendall going through all the options in his mind, realizing that he’s completely unprepared to give orders and just saying “Do It Right” was the best moment of the episode, a perfect summation of how useless his business leadership skills are but also how he needed to feel like he was doing something even if it’s giving the dumbest most obvious order

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Hughmoris posted:

Yeah, that single performance will be tough to beat.

The biggest tragedy is that I usually watch Succession on Monday nights but I caved last night when I started seeing "OMG" reactions.

Now, I have nothing to watch tonight. :mad:

If you’re looking for another show about three weirdos trying to jockey for position to take over from an old shithead, Blake Shelton’s last season of the Voice is on Monday nights

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Escobarbarian posted:

Sorry if this was posted already but I really love this interview with Strong: https://www.vulture.com/article/succession-jeremy-strong-interview-season-4-episode-6.html

I think he’s a really smart guy who’s deeply invested in his work and Kendall especially. I feel bad he went through all that poo poo after the New Yorker article

The difference between this interview and some of those others is that you can tell this interviewer is just as big a nerd as Strong, and instead of getting distance and judgement, they’re tag-teaming their favorite David Mamet quotes, which makes him much more endearing.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

panko posted:

people have their credulity strained on the show a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkgxXL_Gu40

At least one of those is an “ah ha”, video invalidated

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

It’s very easy to ignore the fact that Roman is fash when he’s in places where his politics don’t really matter or come up but he’s a fascist and is probably the worst human on the show. I hate him but I love Kieran

Actually Mattson is worse because he’s not only a weird sociopathic internet nerd, he’s also a liar and just the worst

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

withak posted:

Yeah I loled heartily at how hard Kendall fell for that.

Kendall’s favorite rapper is Jay-Z of course he’s gonna bite whenever anyone insults NYC. that mf was probably about two more insults away from straight up quoting Empire State of Mind

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Ken making it all about himself in the room with Shiv is what did him in. He hears her say “you know this isn’t all about you” and instead of checking in with her and trying to figure out what’s going on he immediately assumes it is in fact all about him, and he gets super defensive.

I think Shiv being back in the building, back in the situation and realizing that she’s signing up for all of that all over for the rest of her life gave her pause. It’s possible someone could have talked her through that in that moment but Kendall is just not equipped to be that person. When she realized he wasn’t concerned about her at all she went into Super Shiv Mode and just said the meanest things she could to hurt him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Hobo Clown posted:

Would love to see either cast perform a script from the other show

(Jessica Walter would be missed, but also neither Marcia nor Caroline have Lucille's presense)

This would never happen with Arrested Development because if we’re getting the cast of Succession switching scripts with any show it’s gonna be Righteous Gemstones

https://youtu.be/quK5D0s6Rh4

I’d pay a bajillion dollars to hear Danny McBride say “I’M THE ELDEST BOY”