Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
You're hipping while you're hopping
And you got them shawties
While I'm working the floor
Of the dick sucking factory

Wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you think about it rap battles are what slam poetry should be.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Is it considered bad form to treat slam poetry like a comedy show? The idea of watching it live seems hilarious.

I had an old housemate who was really into performing at poetry clubs and did slam poetry. He would read the rest of us his poems and expect applause or something, but they... Weren't great.

I think I described slam poetry as "the sort of thing you'd hear if mimes could speak" and it really offended him I guess?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I did a rap battle and got tonnes of praise and everyone stood up and clapped so I think OP is just bad at rapping.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I got invited back to the rap battle emporium which was cool. They told me I'm pretty good at verbally flailing and I got something unique going on.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I love that FirstnameLastname is salty that people aren't respecting rappers they like while getting salty about other rappers. You tell those posers what for!

Swap the names and it's like discussions about who is actually alternative all over again :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Just because something is true doesn't mean you don't sound like a dork while ranting about it lol