Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

my first guess was South Africa lol

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

can I be a half elf

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
oh yeah, chinese taipei. that makes sense

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tomorrow is gonna be Ceylon

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

taiwan isnt a real country

neither is hong kong!!!!!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol tradle rules for showing how stupid and made up these numbers are

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Didn't get today's. Game is bullshit thread gassed ban queued

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
gently caress me not another small island nation

It was another small island nation. At least it’s isolated.

#Tradle #NaN 3/6
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

IDK why it can’t grab the puzzle’s number right.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Trabisnikof posted:

lol tradle rules for showing how stupid and made up these numbers are

Who the gently caress is buying that refined petroleum?

I know that sometimes places don’t have their own refineries so all their needs have to be met by someone else’s exports, but this is some fucky paperwork poo poo like how Russia “exports” bananas to the republics of Central Asia.

e: The actual answer is that it’s exported mostly to the landlocked nation of Zambia.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 09:03 on Mar 26, 2023

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
fake rear end 'country'

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I like boats, sounds like a chill place

#Tradle #385 5/6
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
https://oec.world/en/tradle

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Not So Fast posted:

I like boats, sounds like a chill place

#Tradle #385 5/6
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

lol I've never seen results like that

#Tradle #385 3/6
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

:c00l:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Who the gently caress is buying that refined petroleum?

I know that sometimes places don’t have their own refineries so all their needs have to be met by someone else’s exports, but this is some fucky paperwork poo poo like how Russia “exports” bananas to the republics of Central Asia.

e: The actual answer is that it’s exported mostly to the landlocked nation of Zambia.

"In recent years oil has been imported from Kuwait and also from Bahrain. Seychelles imports three times more oil than is needed for internal uses because it re-exports the surplus oil in the form of bunker for ships and aircraft calling at Mahé. There are no refining capacities on the islands."

Got it in three today because I coincidentally read an article about the answer a few months ago and remembered it from the article as a place with tons and tons of fish and a little bit of other stuff too.

#Tradle #385 3/6
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

the sex ghost posted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

#Tradle #385 4/6
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

i looked at a map after triangulating it and still didn't get it. bullshit.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

post COVID posted:

i looked at a map after triangulating it and still didn't get it. bullshit.

the triangulation stuff can be really misleading. it measures from the geographical centre of one country to the geographical centre of another, so it will tell you that Canada and the US are like 2500 km away from each other

extra confusing because idk how they calculate the geographical centre of a country like the US, do they just ignore Hawaii and Alaska and Puerto Rico? is the geographical centre of the UK in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean because of the Falklands?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

vyelkin posted:

the triangulation stuff can be really misleading. it measures from the geographical centre of one country to the geographical centre of another, so it will tell you that Canada and the US are like 2500 km away from each other

extra confusing because idk how they calculate the geographical centre of a country like the US, do they just ignore Hawaii and Alaska and Puerto Rico? is the geographical centre of the UK in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean because of the Falklands?

it counts the falklands separately so no worries there. but yeah it can be pretty misleading

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

the sex ghost posted:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

John Charity Spring posted:

it counts the falklands separately so no worries there. but yeah it can be pretty misleading

reunion and the føroyar are not counted seperately (tried to guess them today), so overseas territories are probably ignored

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

its really weird figuring out what they used for the distance, although it gives you a general location

its better to guess by the materials exported e.g. raw minerals and lumber = south and latin america, africa, terrorism = pakistan, etc

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

87% US military equipment
13% opium

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Megamissen posted:

reunion and the føroyar are not counted seperately (tried to guess them today), so overseas territories are probably ignored

yeah I tried to guess both of those today too lol. I did get the right answer on the 5th try

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Alright, now I’m mad. I fought a WAR for those.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

yeah I tried to guess both of those today too lol.

:hfive:

quote:

I did get the right answer on the 5th try

i went gibraltar -> maldives -> mauritius but i had to check a map in the end since "islands between madagascar and the maldives that always gets colonized by portugal or spain in eu4" was not a valid option

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I got this on my first guess what's the game here

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

teaching me that "most exports are goods in transit, most of GDP numbers are scams" is probably not the conclusion the Observatory of Economic Complexity was trying to get me to make

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

teaching me that "most exports are goods in transit, most of GDP numbers are scams" is probably not the conclusion the Observatory of Economic Complexity was trying to get me to make

60% human beings
40% avocados

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This pretty much all luck in a wild stab at the first tiny island nation being close enough to rule out everything else.

I’ll try using a different browser tomorrow and see if that doesn’t fix the sharing code.

#Tradle #NaN 2/6
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Japan buys their fish.

France buys their pleasure boats.

United States buys their medical products.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 09:25 on Mar 27, 2023

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
#Tradle #386 4/6
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ngl i forgot that this place even existed and actually failed this one

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I cheated a little and had to look at a map for this one because I couldn't remember which islands were southeast of Samoa

#Tradle #386 4/6
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

V. Illych L. posted:

ngl i forgot that this place even existed and actually failed this one

same

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Daft little game, silly little country. gently caress off

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

the sex ghost posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the sex ghost posted:

enough about england 😂

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol ooof. guessed tuvalu at first, then went wildly off with antigua, micronesia, samoa, fiji, then polynesia

#Tradle #NaN X/6
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨

didn't get it obviously but gently caress looking at a map

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Beeftweeter posted:

lol ooof. guessed tuvalu at first, then went wildly off with antigua, micronesia, samoa, fiji, then polynesia

#Tradle #NaN X/6
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨

didn't get it obviously but gently caress looking at a map

Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, then I had to google maps to see what little tiny islands were off the coast and still got it wrong lol.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when it's one of these countries i just cheat. i saw the export value was only $27m so did wikipedia countries by pop -> looked for smallest island country and went from there. niue, my first guess only has 1500 people

#Tradle #386 2/6
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

cheating is wrong. i just lost after getting to samoa. no idea about those tiny islands

seeing as this is 386, are we running out of loving countries. have we been linked this where tommorows has to be loving sealand