Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The thing about any scam (which capitalism is) that you should remember is there's no bullshit slogan so dumb absolutely nobody will buy it.
Popular media often presents the job market as a meritocracy where the only limit is your ability to psych yourself to work like a mule on amphetamine, some people buy it hook line and sinker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Btw, how many of you personally suffered from wage theft?
I was very fortunate in this regard but I did have to chase down one employer for a week for my paycheck after the place closed down suddenly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If you personally know a workoholic like this take care of them, exhausting overwork always burns people out eventually and most bosses don't care a whit.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Burning out sucks, it takes so much longer to relearn how to function after the crash than it would be to learn to slow down to prevent a burn out.

At least try helping people realize we all need to moderate our pace to keep sane.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

MrQwerty posted:

We did all eventually get paid, after the fiscal year was over, because we would not stop hammering them about it and reminding them that they said they weren't going to honor a contract. I remember very clearly our HR manager telling us, "fine, we'll pay you even though we fixed it, stop talking about it with anyone or there will be consequences."

you should consider stepping hard on the palm of his hand for like a full hour and then loudly exclaiming that since he's whining about it and without accepting any responsibility you'll stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I know nothing about American employment law, are you implying that the termination papers were completely null and void and they had to pay you a big fat compensation to not bring this up in court?