Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

pencilhands posted:

I've come across a few of these people and it always mystifies me

Get hired at a place that's more or less chill, lovely McJob people put in good enough work to keep the place running but don't kill themselves either. This guy/girl rolls up new and starts absolutely busting rear end going as quickly as possible every day, working circles around everyone else. given that it's a stupid minimum wage/dead end type gig management doesn't give a poo poo and they don't get a raise or promotion for this. Instead of toning down their work ethic to everyone else's level or quitting they get more and more resentful of their coworkers and not management, ranting about how they work harder than everyone else.

wtf is their deal? and this isn't a boomer thing either i've seen it in zoomers for christsake.

My old boss was a machine for working. Late hours, over productive, worked weekends.

Since he left they've been through about seven other managers because the expectations for the job are through the roof and no one normal is going to produce the same amount of work or even come close. When the big boss discussed me taking over the role a flat out said I’d never do as much work as him because a lot of it really didn’t matter, the previous manager did piss all and the end result was effectively the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

By popular demand posted:

Btw, how many of you personally suffered from wage theft?
I was very fortunate in this regard but I did have to chase down one employer for a week for my paycheck after the place closed down suddenly.

Sort of, they kept cutting perks and stuff like a payment for dinner if you worked over a set amount of hours.

Hilariously this always resulted in less money coming in and no one could convince them their terrible idea was bad. Company went under eventually, and this was a BIG rear end company (Dick Smith in case you’re from NZ or Australia).