Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I've come across a few of these people and it always mystifies me

Get hired at a place that's more or less chill, lovely McJob people put in good enough work to keep the place running but don't kill themselves either. This guy/girl rolls up new and starts absolutely busting rear end going as quickly as possible every day, working circles around everyone else. given that it's a stupid minimum wage/dead end type gig management doesn't give a poo poo and they don't get a raise or promotion for this. Instead of toning down their work ethic to everyone else's level or quitting they get more and more resentful of their coworkers and not management, ranting about how they work harder than everyone else.

wtf is their deal? and this isn't a boomer thing either i've seen it in zoomers for christsake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

zone posted:

Some folks are just built that way, I used to know someone like that in my last job that flamed out and quit after it turned out working harder did not, in fact, give them better pay or benefits

I kind of get it to a point but why be mad at the people not working as hard because they've figured this out instead of the people in charge who are openly exploiting you and being dicks

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

sorry ur job at the dollar store sux, dollar store wizard master

im a diesel mechanic

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Smugworth posted:

I'm curious because this concept was foreign to me for a long time. Are you paid hourly? Do you get annual reviews?

yes and no

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Shouldn't you be mad at the management for hiring such a shithead instead of being upset at the try hard poo poo head?

i'm not mad at them. just wondering why they are the way they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I just want a burly bear of a man to stretch my anus