Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which do you like better?
Real name
Username
My name is Goku
View Results

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My username and real name serve such different purposes, it's difficult to compare them

goatface posted:

My real name is shared with an 80s TV character.

This, but movie instead of TV, and it can be torturous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Das Boo posted:

Mine is way higher pitched than I hear it. I sound like a ditzy child, but it makes customer service calls more friendly. Maybe a little more condescending, but ultimately helpful.

I do wonder how deep people with already deep voices hear themselves. What the gently caress is Patrick Page's inner voice like?!

I usually perceive my own voice as a husky Kathleen Turner voice, but then I hear it in a recording and I actually sound like a 14 year old boy or something.

edit:

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i find the inside your head voice thing weird. i HATE hearing my recorded voice when speaking, but i think it's fine if i'm singing.

The funny thing about this is that I'm totally fine with my singing voice but I recorded myself rapping just out of curiosity, and it turned out that I (a Black person) sounded like a racist white person imitating a Black person. :cripes:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 29, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

tango alpha delta posted:

A 54 year old white dude singing your post into a vocal track to be chopped up into a rap is far, far, far more cringe worthy.

Behold:

https://soundcloud.com/user-7104377...=social_sharing

:stare: