Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Konar posted:

Hah I think this is the result of this amazing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdsVAu5iDzc&t=874s

lol the MC in the most unbelievably pissed voice, "WE GOT WEIGHTS IN FISH! :mad:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol i think i actually read this article as well. it may have been posted here at some point? it was honestly crazy to read, this whole other world that i barely know exists where the stakes are so high and everything is so serious and it's about fishing tournaments lmao

lol yeah I read that too, it's like drug dealing but millions of dollars worth of fishing paraphernalia and payouts for fish weights

really sends home the MC's reaction when he yells, "WE GOT WEIGHTS IN FISH :mad:"

just completely destroying a sport, like finding out a team has been cheating ballasts and inspections in motorsport for multiple championships or something, but it's fishing lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Internetjack posted:

I think it was on here that I read it, or the link. And it was a very surreal article to read, like you say, a whole world of weirdness you never knew about.

I get it, the why they cheat. "How hard can it be to scam a fishing competition for $20k - $30k purse?" But dang, you are talking fines, jail time, banned from fishing and hunting licenses for years/life.

yeah and the fishing thing is what really sends it home, you're cheating hunting licenses and that's not something game authorities take lightly. I guess it kinda indicates you might be a poacher as well, at that point, from the comments I read on the youtube videos I watched about these guys because of this thread.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I feel like hunting crime generally comes down to cheating weight to poach, cuz I've heard of that plenty in NM, just not the money involved in fishing competitions

lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Konar posted:

WE GOT

WEIGHTS

IN FISH

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idiots they could have just injected it with saline.

buddy u don't wanna make the creature suffer *shoves filet of the same type of fish stuffed with a lead weight down a fishes gullet*