Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I saw someone say recently that they often start posts but don't send them.

I do this from time to time, maybe once I typed it out it seemed like it didn't fit the vibe of the thread, or it was something i thought might be funny but changed my mind/ it didn't seem funny anymore since I started writing it. Or i just couldn't figure out a good way to phrase what i was trying to convey.

I know in more recent years people have been saying :justpost: but back in the day I did this a lot more frequently. Nowadays it's pretty much just like... will this get me banned? No? Might as well say it. I know a lot of people probably wish I didn't do this. I don't mind being unpopular as I would rather express myself and be myself instead of always just saying what I think everyone wants me to say. I also don't mind if people get a dunk on me because that's basically what this site is meant for anyway and I just don't take myself very seriously in general.

I think people should probably post more, draft less. It's fine to change your mind on posting something but it shouldn't be the default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

A lot of my posts don't make it. I'm just my own worst critic. It's probably for the best.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I'm a coward OP. A yellow-bellied dirtbag

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I send posts I don't even draft all the times, just smashing the keys with my eyes closed

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Once it is typed, it is posted.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

satanic splash-back posted:

Once it is typed, it is posted.

yeah in a way what im doing is art similar to jackson pollack or ornette coleman, or whoever that woman is who did stream of consciousness writing or whatever the ideas just flow from me

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dixville posted:

I saw someone say recently that they often start posts but don't send them.

I do this from time to time, maybe once I typed it out it seemed like it didn't fit the vibe of the thread, or it was something i thought might be funny but changed my mind/ it didn't seem funny anymore since I started writing it. Or i just couldn't figure out a good way to phrase what i was trying to convey.

I know in more recent years people have been saying :justpost: but back in the day I did this a lot more frequently. Nowadays it's pretty much just like... will this get me banned? No? Might as well say it. I know a lot of people probably wish I didn't do this. I don't mind being unpopular as I would rather express myself and be myself instead of always just saying what I think everyone wants me to say. I also don't mind if people get a dunk on me because that's basically what this site is meant for anyway and I just don't take myself very seriously in general.

I think people should probably post more, draft less. It's fine to change your mind on posting something but it shouldn't be the default.

:same:, OP, though perhaps for me it's more due to time limitations.

The posts that get me probed tend to be posted immediately after writing them, I'm generally so busy laughing at my own jokes in them (hey, someone has to!) that I don't even think of self censoring.

Fortunately, when I stumble across one of my weeks old drafts, by that time I've usually forgotten what prompted it, so I don't need to grieve much for what might have been.

Anyways :agreed: :justpost:

Edit: I did once 'erase' one of my filthier posts, and got called a wimp for it. Probably a fair :cop: guv.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 30, 2023

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
I don't know that I've ever typed up a post and didn't send it. I'm sure it's happened a couple times, maybe, but not enough for me to remember. So. Yep.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
:smug: Good morning, you're all just pretending to need this "medicine" because you're drug addicts.

:angel: Good evening, directed pharmaceutical use of amphetamines obviously enriches the lives of many itt and I just woul
sometimes

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Just lol if you have post preview turned on

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My mom checks my posts and sometimes she forbids them if there's potty humor or typos

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I treat posting with the respect that some Native Americans treat the animals they hunt. post literally everything, nothing can go to waste

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Mnglengq

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
post em all let mods sort em out

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im "cumming" :grin: up on post 30k there should be some kind of special celebration imho, maybe a title given such as mod of pellet pallace?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Nooner posted:

im "cumming" :grin: up on post 30k there should be some kind of special celebration imho, maybe a title given such as mod of pellet pallace?

The mods all have to give Nooner alittle kiss on the forehead

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
lots

I'm coming up to 10k posts though which isnt a whole lot but I lurked 99% of the time until a couple years ago

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
All the time now

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I post

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I only post my most sick and unhinged posts. Anything not :twisted: enough I delete

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sometimes I think about not posting, then say screw it good enough and smash that send button

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
E: nvm

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I probably delete a majority of my posts before posting.

Way too many uses of the r-word.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006
I run it by my posting team and if there isn't at least a 60% chance of it getting emptyquoted it gets sent back to the team for additional refinement until we can hit that metric

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Uncountable times I'll write out a post, review it, and just decide it's better to not post at all and delete it. Which from my low quality white noise content you can be assured it was a really really loving bad post.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
all the time

not because they're bad, but because you guys are bad and don't deserve them

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ahhh nm

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i fire awway without hesitation

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

SA is the only form of interaction with people I have as I am aggressively anti-social and I self-isolate. I don't even use any social media or discord or anything. It is literally all. So when I wanna post, I post.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Uncountable times I'll write out a post, review it, and just decide it's better to not post at all and delete it. Which from my low quality white noise content you can be assured it was a really really loving bad post.

gently caress that, man! Give us your shittiest posts!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

SA is the only form of interaction with people I have as I am aggressively anti-social and I self-isolate. I don't even use any social media or discord or anything. It is literally all. So when I wanna post, I post.

We should talk more William

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i fire awway without hesitation

this. and i have the rap sheet to prove it. :grin:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
shitpost for sale, never sent

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
never op :clint:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

There was a period a while back where I had several new threads drafted up and ready to post when I chickened out and said nah. It’s because my previous threads weren’t so popular, and one of them got a whopping two posts not including my OP.

But now I don’t give a poo poo and :justpost:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
An elf posts only once or twice in their millenia long lifespan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
Well my gassed threads discourage me from more hilarious posting. They were not badly rated just some mods with problems decided to gas them. This must be what it is like to live with deep dark secrets.