Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I saw someone say recently that they often start posts but don't send them.

I do this from time to time, maybe once I typed it out it seemed like it didn't fit the vibe of the thread, or it was something i thought might be funny but changed my mind/ it didn't seem funny anymore since I started writing it. Or i just couldn't figure out a good way to phrase what i was trying to convey.

I know in more recent years people have been saying :justpost: but back in the day I did this a lot more frequently. Nowadays it's pretty much just like... will this get me banned? No? Might as well say it. I know a lot of people probably wish I didn't do this. I don't mind being unpopular as I would rather express myself and be myself instead of always just saying what I think everyone wants me to say. I also don't mind if people get a dunk on me because that's basically what this site is meant for anyway and I just don't take myself very seriously in general.

I think people should probably post more, draft less. It's fine to change your mind on posting something but it shouldn't be the default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Well that may be true but

Sorry i don't know where i was going with that

I have adhd and it makes it hard for me to keep track of where my thoughts go

I keep running out of my adhd med at the end of each month and i have to go off it a couple days so i don't miss it on a work day

Anyway i spent most of the time writing this post thinking about how i better send it and not just draft it so sorry if it sucks :shrug: (i know, i know, that's just my normal posting)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Valko posted:

I didn't mean to offend. I mean, people like yourself are what keeps these forums from being dead. I've been here 7 years and have made just as many threads in that time. The forums would be a ghost town if it was just people like me posting.

We cool man no offense taken. I'll be the first to admit i have a thread starting problem. It's like diarrhea of the fingers like it just comes out like AAAAAHHHHHH yeah like that

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

shen posted:

3) I write a post but then realize I wouldn't want to engage with replies to it. This isn't just for SA, I've nearly stopped making facebook or other social media posts in general. It's different for private group chats I'm in with friends, I post all the time in those, but once you get to public posting in general or even facebook's "friends of friends can see and reply to your comment on a friend's wall" I've realized over the past 5 years or so I've developed this growing misanthropy, it feels like the online equivalent of how senior citizens or others just start closing themselves off from human contact until they're only going outside once a week to get groceries.

Recently I've been trying to get out of my rut and just post.

No this is the correct response in this case, social media is a loving cesspool
I will often post stuff (on social media and here) and then just coast on out and don't respond to or even read any replies and it's probably good for my mental health but i probably get owned sometimes so who can say which is better

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Sometimes I'm just too high or tired and I end up losing the train of thought and either give up or leave it open in a tab in case I remember what the heck I was gonna say