Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

why is Ozuna in the lineup and field again
Seems to be the plan to sit Rosario against LHP, they want TdA DHing so that leaves Ozuna for left. Could change the next time the roster does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Gore just cruising, at least Albies finally got one hit on the board

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Randy just hit one 437 and he did indeed do the pose, I can’t wait for some douche to get mad at him for that

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Not a great start for Bassitt’s Blue Jays career

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Feel like the Jays pitcher should probably stop lobbing it over the plate.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
d'Arnaud torching poo poo this series

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
i thought bassitt was supposed to be good?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Tigers have struck out 10 times through 5 innings, and the only baserunner came on a walk.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Dansby is hotter than the goddamn sun right now.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

Dansby is hotter than the goddamn sun right now.

7-9 to start the season no big deal

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

And there's why the Braves traded for Murphy. Absolutely smoked that runner.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Murphy flashing the arm

also why is Lane Thomas going off, who even is Lane Thomas

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Frazier and Ced back to back :eyepop: Was wondering how long it would take before this game turned into a stupid slugfest like the other two.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

elentar posted:

Murphy flashing the arm

also why is Lane Thomas going off, who even is Lane Thomas

Former Cardinal Lane Thomas! Could've been another unknown white guy to piss off opposing fans, alas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chas is making Dusty look stupid for making Meyers the primary CF

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

good recovery from Shuster after a nightmare first, almost a shame he couldn't get through 5 but close enough

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Wisdong :dong:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Randy just hit one 437 and he did indeed do the pose, I can’t wait for some douche to get mad at him for that

update: Randy got plunked in his next at-bat. Didn't look intentional though, unless you plunk people with changeups with 2 strikes now

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

good recovery from Shuster after a nightmare first, almost a shame he couldn't get through 5 but close enough
Ian Anderson got lit up today too :mildpanic:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Oh look the thing that everyone said would happen when the Orioles didn't get anyone better than Kyle Gibson is happening, thanks John Angelos.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Man if Wisdom could even cut his strikeout rate by like 5% he'd be stud. Dude just needs to make a little bit more contact in between the massive dingers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They really are going to pull this dude after 5 shutout innings at mid 70s pitches?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
RF is a bloop magnet today.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Ian Anderson got lit up today too :mildpanic:

Anderson seems like he's just got deeper stuff going on, maybe getting to where a change of org is the only thing that might shake him free of it

we'll see how Shuster goes, command is usually his strong point so either he works out the yips and is fine or he's won't be a useful piece either

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

hm, it appears the cards rotation still sucks

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
The Blue Jays are still dinger-less :(

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Noted lunatic Tommy Pham with his first home run as a Met :golfclap:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Unsure if the Jays are bad at fielding or if this stadium is just cursed.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
I realize the Rays are probably going to be very good this year, but holy poo poo do the Tigers look terrible :smith:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Riley needed that bloop to drop, he hasn't looked comfortable at all this year

got Gore out at least and into the soft underbelly of the bullpen

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Boone LOVES rushing his lovely middle RPs into games where the starter is pitching great. He LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEESS it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sure would be nice if Bregman remembered how to hit

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

Riley needed that bloop to drop, he hasn't looked comfortable at all this year

got Gore out at least and into the soft underbelly of the bullpen

and immediately yet another GIDP, good job barves

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If anyone is listening to the Astros radio broadcast, please tell me if they answer my question about the Flash hitting a pop fly. It’s very important.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
This Bassitt guy just loves giving up dingers

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

it's been a good strike zone today but that was not a loving strike

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

This Bassitt guy just loves giving up dingers

He has eight pitches but six of them are meatballs over the plate

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

man, if nolan gorman has put it together, watch out

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'm no pitching coach but if my guy was throwing 80mph I might encourage him to throw more balls than strikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
That was a drat good debut from Senga, way to settle down after that rough start.