Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Toyota sucks rear end. Total shitshow cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
:rice:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I want to either replace the matrix badge with a supra badge and see if my GF notices or add a "reloaded" sticker underneath

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I like the show about the space cowboys, OP, and the videogame about that one last fantasy.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Hard to imagine a world without pokemons

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Gatts posted:

wtf

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Gatts posted:

This is incorrect. Toyotas will outlast many luxury cars and are less expensive to maintain and repair. My Sienna, for example, shares the same drivetrain as a Lexus SUV.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

tango alpha delta posted:

This is incorrect. Toyotas will outlast many luxury cars and are less expensive to maintain and repair. My Sienna, for example, shares the same drivetrain as a Lexus SUV.

while I agree that Toyota owns, you drive a minivan dude stop trying to compare it to a Lexus lmao

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
The transmission exploded on my Toyota Corolla, but I also towed a trailer with it like 6 months before it exploded so I think that might've had something to do with that

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

tony quidtana posted:

while I agree that Toyota owns, you drive a minivan dude stop trying to compare it to a Lexus lmao

lmao the difference between toyota and lexus is mostly branding. the corolla is the hs250, the land cruiser is the lx, etc. and there are lexus minivans, just not in the us.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Toyotas are ok I guess but they’re no Mazda.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Anime must be destroyed

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
pachinko

tacoma

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whatever happened to the commercials where the people jump higher than their car? Like I’d like to see someone jump higher than a rav 4. :colbert:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Isn't this the show where you think cool giant robot things are gonna fight demons, but that never happens? Instead it's that lovely kid being a mopey piece of poo poo and what's the loving point of this?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

Anime must be destroyed

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Anpanman is better than Evangelion.

I will go so far as to say that Anpanman is the ONLY good anime.

Come at me nerds!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i have a 2015 prius that has been great the whole time i had it and when i had a headlight go out i went to the dealership to buy a new one and their computer went down for some reason and they couldn't do credit card transactions and i didnt have any cash on me so they gave it to me for free. thats the toyota way. or at least, the toyota of pasadena way. they also have free coffee

(the coffee is free all the time, not just when their computer is down)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean if you want a car that fat guy can jump higher than, even a matrix ain’t gonna cut it. :colbert:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Earwicker posted:

i have a 2015 prius that has been great the whole time i had it and when i had a headlight go out i went to the dealership to buy a new one and their computer went down for some reason and they couldn't do credit card transactions and i didnt have any cash on me so they gave it to me for free. thats the toyota way. or at least, the toyota of pasadena way. they also have free coffee

(the coffee is free all the time, not just when their computer is down)

God drat which one has free coffee? All they offered me was water. :coffeepal:

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

tony quidtana posted:

I'm not comparing anything, my Sienna literally has a Lexus engine from the factory. I mean everybody's Sienna has a Lexus engine, so that's pretty cool.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Earwicker posted:

lmao the difference between toyota and lexus is mostly branding. the corolla is the hs250, the land cruiser is the lx, etc. and there are lexus minivans, just not in the us.

First job I worked out of college some salesperson wouldn't shut the gently caress up about their Lexus and I told them they're just driving tarted up Camry and they legitimately looked like they were about to deck me.

I'm not comparing anything, my Sienna literally has a Lexus engine from the factory. I mean everybody's Sienna has a Lexus engine, so that's pretty cool.

Nobody cares about your lovely dodge caravan rip off dude gently caress off

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

getting oretty heated in teh gbs toyota corolla meGATHREAD

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

God drat which one has free coffee? All they offered me was water. :coffeepal:

The last thing you need is a cup of coffee my friend

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

tony quidtana posted:

First job I worked out of college some salesperson wouldn't shut the gently caress up about their Lexus and I told them they're just driving tarted up Camry and they legitimately looked like they were about to deck me.

Nobody cares about your lovely dodge caravan rip off dude gently caress off

lol, are you alright, man? Just text me and I'll pick you up in my minivan and we can go do some blunts.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Let me read some words from the Bible

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
it's a p good show op

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Nintedno is a Japanese export! :mad:

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Wait a minute, I have a Sony Plababation Four! I think it too might originate from the fabled Land of the Rising Sun.

It might also have a Lexus engine inside.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wait a minute, I have a Sony Plababation Four! I think it too might originate from the fabled Land of the Rising Sun.

It might also have a Lexus engine inside.

Choady Gaystation

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Dodge Neon Genesis EvanGeoMetro.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I feel outed purchasing my 2022 Toyota Corolla

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I don’t generally like anime but I did try to watch evangelion because everyone said it’s good. I found it boring and half the plot seemed to be about sexualizing 14 year old children. It’s gross

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Scratch Monkey posted:

I don’t generally like anime but I did try to watch evangelion because everyone said it’s good. I found it boring and half the plot seemed to be about sexualizing 14 year old children. It’s gross

It’s slow to start but something about the quiet scenes lasting just a little too long and the seeming comfort that brought Shinji resonated with me a bunch and my own childhood. But I can hoot and holler all day about the robots.

About the sexualization comment, I initially chafed against it but then the most recent movie that came out in freaking 2022 (or was it 21?) basically reveled in suggestive angles with one of the pilots so yeah.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Gatts posted:

buddy this 2002 198k miles corolla im driving hasn't let me down once. one theft and one hit-and-run later, it looks like absolute garbage but it still keeps on goin.

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Isn't this the show where you think cool giant robot things are gonna fight demons, but that never happens? Instead it's that lovely kid being a mopey piece of poo poo and what's the loving point of this?
dunno about the first part but yes absolutely to the second part. he sucks so hard. its the robots my dude.

tony quidtana posted:

The most enjoyable part of the series is watching them run out of budget in real time
i think it was ep 25 or 26 that they straight up used an animation resetting itself for like a whole minute and it was the jankiest looking thing ever but i guess i have a soft spot for low budget 90s stuff. and then the whole scene in maybe episode 24 where EVA 01 is holding [spoiler] and its just a still frame with music in the background for probably 2 whole minutes. i guess then its not surprising to hear that I thought the remakes with access to modern animation techniques and an actual budget kinda turned me off.

one of my other friends liked Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (1995) and that is apparently way more robots focused and has some cool worldbuilding politics stuff and some janky animation too so maybe I should go for that next?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

buglord posted:

buddy this 2002 198k miles corolla im driving hasn't let me down once. one theft and one hit-and-run later, it looks like absolute garbage but it still keeps on goin.

dunno about the first part but yes absolutely to the second part. he sucks so hard. its the robots my dude.

i think it was ep 25 or 26 that they straight up used an animation resetting itself for like a whole minute and it was the jankiest looking thing ever but i guess i have a soft spot for low budget 90s stuff. and then the whole scene in maybe episode 24 where EVA 01 is holding [spoiler] and its just a still frame with music in the background for probably 2 whole minutes. i guess then its not surprising to hear that I thought the remakes with access to modern animation techniques and an actual budget kinda turned me off.

one of my other friends liked Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (1995) and that is apparently way more robots focused and has some cool worldbuilding politics stuff and some janky animation too so maybe I should go for that next?

I suggest Madoka Majica OP, granted it's not a robot anime but it's also actually good and it passes the bechdel test with flying colors if that's your kind of thing

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Toyotas are ok I guess but they’re no Mazda.

Passion for the road spotted

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

honda civic > both those things

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I'd have to go back and watch again but in my mind the poo poo from the cube angel up till the toilet paper arm angel is just solid quality poo poo and it falls off pretty loving hard after that and by the last 3-4 episodes its just very clear they're down to like $50 or something and trying to make it work.

The elevator scene always struck me as a good example of a scene that clearly was very driven by cost constraints but really worked to enhance drive the narrative of the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i hated my loving corolla. piece of poo poo