Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I still haven’t had the need to watch any other anime because I can just watch evangelion again and watch skyscraper sized robots shut down a cities electrical grid to power a massive gun that shoots lasers through things.

It is so cool and I wish I could pilot an EVA one of these days and I still have dreams about this show from time to time where I finally do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Colonel Cancer posted:

I bet you really empathize with Shinji too

That scene wasn’t canonical and you know it

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

numberoneposter posted:

shinji is a little bitch

He isn’t the least interesting character (I think Rei secures that spot) but he’s definitely the least likable. What a self sabotaging little punk that gets to live my dream all while complaining the entire time.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Scratch Monkey posted:

I don’t generally like anime but I did try to watch evangelion because everyone said it’s good. I found it boring and half the plot seemed to be about sexualizing 14 year old children. It’s gross

It’s slow to start but something about the quiet scenes lasting just a little too long and the seeming comfort that brought Shinji resonated with me a bunch and my own childhood. But I can hoot and holler all day about the robots.

About the sexualization comment, I initially chafed against it but then the most recent movie that came out in freaking 2022 (or was it 21?) basically reveled in suggestive angles with one of the pilots so yeah.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Gatts posted:

Toyota sucks rear end. Total shitshow cars.
buddy this 2002 198k miles corolla im driving hasn't let me down once. one theft and one hit-and-run later, it looks like absolute garbage but it still keeps on goin.

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Isn't this the show where you think cool giant robot things are gonna fight demons, but that never happens? Instead it's that lovely kid being a mopey piece of poo poo and what's the loving point of this?
dunno about the first part but yes absolutely to the second part. he sucks so hard. its the robots my dude.

tony quidtana posted:

The most enjoyable part of the series is watching them run out of budget in real time
i think it was ep 25 or 26 that they straight up used an animation resetting itself for like a whole minute and it was the jankiest looking thing ever but i guess i have a soft spot for low budget 90s stuff. and then the whole scene in maybe episode 24 where EVA 01 is holding [spoiler] and its just a still frame with music in the background for probably 2 whole minutes. i guess then its not surprising to hear that I thought the remakes with access to modern animation techniques and an actual budget kinda turned me off.

one of my other friends liked Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (1995) and that is apparently way more robots focused and has some cool worldbuilding politics stuff and some janky animation too so maybe I should go for that next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Hey so where do I go next when my 2002 Corolla kicks the bucket? I loved 2 thing about it: great on gas, extremely low cost of ownership.

Nice to haves would be cruise control and power locks. Deal breakers are a car payment.