Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Its weird on a such a ""progressive"" forum so many people simp for corporations who are abusing cultural norms, american poor financial sense, and sense of guilt to increase profits.

Just stop tipping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_fMkXHYh6c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
this thread is now about tips. post clues, pointers and the cleverest lifehacks u got

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
no one cares about this stupid poo poo you dumbass loving garbage bitch

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Here’s a tip OP: scram!

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Epic

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Just the tip, lol

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I made it as far as the whiny "what am I gonna tip you for?? I'm in the drive thru!!!" And it gave me all the info I needed to know.

I don't know why you insist on continuing to bring this up i noticed you posted a receipt from Papa johns the other day with no tip and no one took the bait.

I used to not tip well because nobody told me 15% was actually pretty lovely, it was what my parents told me but we were also pretty poor so i don't really blame them for not tipping that much. We still tipped though

Nowadays I'm at a financial place where I can tip well and I do. If you are financially fine and still don't tip that's hosed up. Especially if you're at an actual sit down restaurant because they are usually paid below minimum wage and literally depend on tips. It's a stupid system but that doesn't mean you should just refuse to pay, the people who rely on it aren't the ones who made the rules. They have no control over it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Don't forget to tip your mods

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dixville posted:

I made it as far as the whiny "what am I gonna tip you for?? I'm in the drive thru!!!" And it gave me all the info I needed to know.

I don't know why you insist on continuing to bring this up i noticed you posted a receipt from Papa johns the other day with no tip and no one took the bait.

I used to not tip well because nobody told me 15% was actually pretty lovely, it was what my parents told me but we were also pretty poor so i don't really blame them for not tipping that much. We still tipped though

Nowadays I'm at a financial place where I can tip well and I do. If you are financially fine and still don't tip that's hosed up. Especially if you're at an actual sit down restaurant because they are usually paid below minimum wage and literally depend on tips. It's a stupid system but that doesn't mean you should just refuse to pay, the people who rely on it aren't the ones who made the rules. They have no control over it.

Sounds like you've forgotten all the great advice from internet radicals like how all service employees should just decide not to have jobs to protest the system being stacked against them.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

gas thread ban OP tip your waitress

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Methanar posted:

Its weird on a such a ""progressive"" forum so many people simp for corporations who are abusing cultural norms, american poor financial sense, and sense of guilt to increase profits.

Just stop tipping.

Ok Trotsky

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Get some of those fake dollars that crazy fundies tip with, but instead of bible passages have them printed with passages from Marx. That will definitely materially improve the lives of service workers more than just giving them money like a sucker.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cubone posted:

no one cares about this stupid poo poo you dumbass loving garbage bitch

Thats not true, I care.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

The Bananana posted:

Thats not true, I care.

no you don't

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
:awesome:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
does anyone itt eat rear end

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Private Cumshoe posted:

does anyone itt eat rear end

yes
tell your mom to eat less corn

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
Methanar lives in WA anyways so there's no separate tipped minimum wage and we're usually within the top few states of best min wage so if he's gonna be a wiener about it at least he chose probably the most ethical place to live to do so.

I personally like tipping here because of the above, they're making the same money as any other mediocre job so it's not a guilt/necessity so instead it just feels like a nice direct form of charity that doesn't feel like getting scammed. I tip even on carry out or whatever cause I just wanna support the store/staff and view someone else making food for me as a luxury I shouldn't be doing much anyways.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I unilaterally reject and shame the on-topic posts itt. they dignify the idea that this is an acceptable way to start a thread, which it's not

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Meet me at the Blink-182 concert.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Cubone posted:

I unilaterally reject and shame the on-topic posts itt. they dignify the idea that this is an acceptable way to start a thread, which it's not

I just wanted to let people know that as much of a jackass as methanar is where he lives makes his behavior effectively no different from not tipping the cashier at your gas station or whatever. They aren't making 1 dollar an hour here or anything dumb like that, I think our min wage is almost 16 bucks an hour.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

PoundSand posted:

I just wanted to let people know that as much of a jackass as methanar is where he lives makes his behavior effectively no different from not tipping the cashier at your gas station or whatever. They aren't making 1 dollar an hour here or anything dumb like that, I think our min wage is almost 16 bucks an hour.
I've already addressed that question:

Cubone posted:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mods only make a liveable wage by banning and probing more and more posters to meet Jeff's quotas so if you want less heavy handed moderation tip your moderators people

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Methanar is the worst poster ever to walk the Earth. Just a consummate loser.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i tipped my local dominos pizza artists $5 on my last pickup order.

anywhere i go a lot ill usually tip pretty decently. used to be this chinese place near my house that id go to and always order the dinner combo b. the one time i tried to order dinner combo a they just gave me dinner combo b instead lol. any ways i always tipped even on pickup.

otherwise 10% at restaurants, before tax, keeps it nice and consistent.

not that i take cabs but i refuse to tip cabs.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

OP you sure get worked up for someone who makes exactly the median wage in a very prosperous country

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
How about no restaurants

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Hoping to get tipped tonight

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

tip of the baldo to you, goonsir

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Leper Go-getter posted:

How about no restaurants

They are kind of miserable places as someone who worked in kitchens for a decade.

OTOH I like good food

I like the places that charge more but pay everyone better and state that there's no tipping. I wonder how the servers feel, I'm sure the cooks appreciate it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Suck on this tip op

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

tip tap tip tap tippity tappity tippity tap

and that's how you tap dance 👯

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

also :gas:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

thunderspanks posted:

yes
tell your mom to eat less corn

I'm trying :(

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Doc Fission posted:

gas thread ban OP tip your waitress

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Methanar posted:

Just stop tipping.

how bout we just stop tipping and pay people wages. about $15 an hour for waiting tables

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Bloodfart McCoy’s Personal Tipping Guide:

Waitstaff 20%

Barber 10%

Bartender $1 per drink

Tackout $1

Coffee place $1

Uber $2

Food Delivery App $1

Food Delivered by Restaurant Employee $5

Room steward $2-$3

Everyone else $0

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
if i tip the mods can they ban the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Dixville posted:

Wtf

15% is fine. Tip more if you can or want to but calling it “pretty lovely” is some kinda weird humble brag