Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Methanar is the worst poster ever to walk the Earth. Just a consummate loser.

He should stop posting forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Methanar should be treated the way he treats service workers

Lower than poo poo

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 1, 2023

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

who the hell is methanar and how did he make $300,000 in non-taxable income? It's either a lie, or he should be in jail

Hes a liar who's edited his own tax forms and posted them on here.

Broadly, he has weird ideas about money and is basically a troll.

He asks for "life advice" about moving around and is a general poo poo oval office.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

He asks for "life advice" about moving around and is a general poo poo oval office.

Guaranteed he doesn't tip and treats service workers like dogshit

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

If you pay in advance, an employee will spit in your food if you don’t tip 20% or more.

If you’re a regular, you should tip 20%+ because they will spit in your food if you’re a known cheapskate.

Never buy food or anything else through the “gig economy” because your tip literally gets stolen by Silicon Valley vampires.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

Gotcha. He's a Libertarian

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Gotcha. He's a Libertarian

Libertarians are all infantile dumbasses

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lol gently caress you methanar

go back to fuckin canada oh wait they don't want you either

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

DangerDummy! posted:

I miss the money I made as a server, but I had to opt for steady, reliable pay, and people think old dude servers are kinda depressing.

You're a dumb poo poo OP.

e: not you Spinz the OOP.
And omg yes

Old bartender women are almost as sad as old day shift strippers

Not quite, but ughhhhh
Depressing you are right

Spinz fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 1, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

And omg yes

Not quite, but ughhhhh
Depressing you are right

you know what's nice about being 40. Both old bartenders and day strippers are kinda hot

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

lil poopendorfer posted:

Wtf

15% is fine. Tip more if you can or want to but calling it “pretty lovely” is some kinda weird humble brag

I mean if you can afford more. If 15% is what you can afford that's fine.

Sorry i should have been more clear about that, i didn't mean to say everyone who tips that much is lovely.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How apt that Methanar would start a thread about disdain for the working class

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I remember one time ol' Methy told me that every dollar he used to tip someone instead of investing it was depriving his future children of a better life.

How's that whole procreating thing working out for you, champ?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

PinheadSlim posted:

I remember one time ol' Methy told me that every dollar he used to tip someone instead of investing it was depriving his future children of a better life.

How's that whole procreating thing working out for you, champ?

You know I don't like to bully but I gotta admit that's an lol

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
20% for delivery

a buck or two per drink

3 2 dollar bills for a blowie

whatever change i have for a hobo who doesn't rape, murder, or steal my car
(rape / murder me, steal my car, for clarifications)

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 2, 2023

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hey methanar if you're so friggin rich why don't you prove it and send me (a poor) a bunch of money huh???

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
We don't really have tipping here because of award rates and stuff, but if I went to America I would tip. I don't like the system, but I'm not gonna take it out on the employees.

Also it's like, oh no, I'm tipping 20% on my $10 meal, a whole $2! Meanwhile $10 won't get me a drat Big Mac meal here lmao

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

We don't really have tipping here because of award rates and stuff, but if I went to America I would tip. I don't like the system, but I'm not gonna take it out on the employees.

Also it's like, oh no, I'm tipping 20% on my $10 meal, a whole $2! Meanwhile $10 won't get me a drat Big Mac meal here lmao

glad you did, but, you're not supposed to tip the person at the Drive-thru window

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

glad you did, but, you're not supposed to tip the person at the Drive-thru window

We don't have drive thrus, we have walky ins where they make you stand while throwing things at you.

A valid tradeoff to ensure fair pay imo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

We don't have drive thrus, we have walky ins where they make you stand while throwing things at you.

A valid tradeoff to ensure fair pay imo

its all good as long as you tip 20% to the people throwing food at you

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

If you pay in advance, an employee will spit in your food if you don’t tip 20% or more.

If you’re a regular, you should tip 20%+ because they will spit in your food if you’re a known cheapskate.

IDK what kind of seedy establishments you worked in, or if this is just paranoia talking, but I've worked in food service for 15 years and I never once saw someone spit in or otherwise gently caress with someone's food. It's a fast way to get shitcanned for cause and blacklisted from the industry.

We just let the servers/bartenders take it out on lovely customers by lowering their level of service. If you've ever wondered why your food took too long to arrive or the bartender looked right at you and took someone else's drink order first, it's because you've shown them that you're an rear end in a top hat. Maybe it's played differently elsewhere, but every place I've worked, everybody gets treated with respect and a basic level of service until they prove they don't deserve it.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
What about topping

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Spinz posted:

And omg yes

Not quite, but ughhhhh
Depressing you are right

Crusty old man bartenders can be kinda cool, but it's about a four to one chance that they're incredibly racist.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you know what's nice about being 40. Both old bartenders and day strippers are kinda hot

:hmmyes:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

DangerDummy! posted:

Crusty old man bartenders can be kinda cool, but it's about a four to one chance that they're incredibly racist.

that low?

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
A tip is a lovely thing. whether it be a tip of money, some friendly advice, or a tip of the cap

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
i would like some money

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

it's definitely 100% that old bartenders are racist

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

nom epique posted:

i would like some money

same

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

give me some money

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Here's a tip: make better OPs

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it's definitely 100% that old bartenders are racist

You drink at the Legion Hall you’re going to hear some things. But it was war.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

nom epique posted:

i would like some money

Once trump is in prison Biden is gonna push the student loan debt relief through

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

Once trump is in prison Biden is gonna push the student loan debt relief through

but, I don't have any student debt. Went to collage in 2001. the whole experience only cost about 20 grand. didn't even graduate

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

nom epique posted:

A tip is a lovely thing. whether it be a tip of money, some friendly advice, or a tip of the cap

:tipshat:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Doc Fission posted:

gas thread ban OP tip your waitress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ban your waitress, tip the thread and gas the OP