Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

The cast has phenomenal chemistry and the script isn't embarrassed by the source material. I find Marvel movies to largely be joyless slogs and this was actually a lot of fun? It definitely captured the feeling of playing and DMing, but I don't think it was particularly fanservicey in a way that will make it inaccessible.

I liked Guardians of the Galaxy for the same reason so I guess I'm giving this a shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Comstar posted:

Wait, where was the Rust Monster?

Also, where was the cameo from the Critical Roll cast and GM?

Also, why didn't the cube actually seem to cause any damage when everyone jumped into it except the NPC.

Wait, are you reading "OG D&D cartoon party" and thinking that's somehow Critical Roll?

Even if you missed the cartoon part, drat dude

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

When I was around 9 my dad got me a 50 dollar Harkins gift certificate and I was absolutely devastated that it only lasted me like two trips to the movies and that feeling never left

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

itry posted:

Did you watch the D&D movies before this one though?

I think it has less to do with the old D&D movie and more a comparison with Marvel movies. Some people just don't like them and expect every action/adventure movie to be just like them.