Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.
Lovecraft is one of those guilty pleasures that I actually feel guilty about taking pleasure in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

If you have a Gamecube and the ability to find it, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem was a cool/fun Lovecraftian horror game.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Sex Farm posted:

Done. Can't believe they killed off johnny cage so early

:lol:

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

For a long time, I knew there was something missing in my life, and now I know what that was.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Serious post, but if your daughter is into Lovecraft she might also like Robert W. Chambers's The King in Yellow, which is an even earlier cosmic horror short story collection. Actually, Chambers's stories are kind of a continuation of some stories by Ambrose Bierce. I'd also recommend some of Lord Dunsany's stuff, of which Lovecraft himself was a huge fan. Dunsany is mostly more fantasy than horror, but The Gods of Pegana, as well as a lot of his short stories, are pretty obvious influences on Lovecraft, if a lot less horrifying.