Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nooner posted:

We should make a goon webcomic

The quarantine era took its toll on us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wtf that's his daughter?! How loving old are their kids? How loving old are they? :ohno:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The_Franz posted:

Apparently Megatokyo still exists gets a new page of sad anime girls every 1 to 4 months.
I've lost count the number of times thr dude was like "OK, this is my job now so no more missed.... eh here's a sketch I half finished when I was 12 <writes 8000 words on the possible plot of a side novel VN with this character as a background person you never interact with>

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dixville posted:

This just activated something latent in my brain but I don't remember the details
Sometime in the 2010s the PA boys decided to lampoon the kinda cruel ways that MMOs hand out fetchquests. The idea was that the PC would just do the bare minimum and nope our of whatever else was going on because gently caress you next quest.

Unfortunately, they decided to show this by having a dude beg for help from the ravenous dickwolves who would rape them to sleep every night. hey that sucks but I already got by 5 pelts so... uh, later!

When folks rightfully said that was kinda hosed up to joke about, they went on a rant about how dickwolves aren't real and blah blah. The writer then did one of those "sorry you were offended" posts and blessed the readers, telling them they were now free and hoped they would rape no more as a result.

Some folks pulled out of their gamer con as a result and it seemed like it would die out, until Gabe decided the perfect thing to livedraw during their con would be a dickwolf, which they would then sell hopdies and merchandise of go fighting dickwolves!

At some point Robert Khoo sat them down and told them they were free to keep riding the dickwolf poo poo but they would be burning down their life on easy street as a result of the fallout and that he would leave them to their own devices.

Realizing that they would have to go work at EB Games, they shut up but maintain some hurt feelings about it afaik.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

StrangersInTheNight posted:

They run a children's charity so it's hard to go after the guy too much for it. So no one really brings it up, but... he was a real sunnuvabitch bitch for a while there.
I think it's really having kids and getting properly medicated (therapy too maybe) that calmed him down.

Child's Play itself has more to do with Khoo watering that seed. Iirc the PA guys wanted to donate GameCubes or something in the children's ward and leave it at that. Dude probably saw it as a great opportunity to build brand trust, industry partners, mainstream buy-in, and a nice tax write-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
GWIW I get the feeling that Tycho sucks poo poo too. Just is more muted and less impulsive. He had a post a while back about his kid being assessed at school because he would do poo poo like talk to the soap dispenser and you could tell he was very much in a concerned space that intersected "how the gently caress can i even help here", "oh God is this my fault/are my genes that hosed", and "please be ok please be ok". Not too long ago he posted some vitriol about his kid being labelled "Twice Exceptional" . It sounds by his account that the SPS completely dropped the ball on the implementation of the kids education plan, outright not providing services (with a dash of him not realizing that the label doesn't impart special classes and demeaning the kids peers, but whatevs). I think anyone else with his resources would consider, at the minimum, a lawsuit or similar escalation given how badly the school hosed up, but Tych apparently prefers to be angry at the dumb schools and (ironically) the use of language to complicate things or something.

School Nickname posted:

Makes you wonder why he left. He seems the brains behind their whole success.
I assume you get bored just managing the pot of gold. Certainly someone that talented would need something to keep busy with that didn't involve worrying if a dweeb was going to say something that would scuttle a deal or sponsorship or whatever that had taken months to line up.