Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

certified classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can anyone explain why stick drift is even a thing? Like the wired 360 controller I bought in 2008 still works perfectly but you hear about 70 dollar modern controllers breaking constantly

they cheaped out

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
rebirth is on the ps5 it has a game stfu

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

rebirth is on the ps5 it has a game stfu

It is godly.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tunicate posted:

Who would gently caress a PS5, it has no game.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Tunicate posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can anyone explain why stick drift is even a thing? Like the wired 360 controller I bought in 2008 still works perfectly but you hear about 70 dollar modern controllers breaking constantly

the potentiometers have a cycle rating like any other piece of equipment so they're probably cheaping out.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

theres a carbon pad inside that a little metal contact rubs against to measure where the sticks position is all held w a spring, eventually the pad wears down or the spring loses tension no matter what you do. usually it was luck of the draw on how long it took, like i had 3 360 pads drift and used 1 ds4 for 8 years with no drift but other people had the opposite. they all use the same manufacturer for the internal part and it theyve cut costs on how they make them or something bcos the ones from the last few years just obliterate themselves way quicker than before and its a universal issue

switch is a different design where they had to make the sticks shallow to fit but wanted to keep r3/l3, so the soft pads are really really small and get worn out even faster.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
remember how worn out n64 control sticks became

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
hall sticks are cool

i honestly dont know if they'll last longer but magnets are sick

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Radia posted:

hall sticks are cool

i honestly dont know if they'll last longer but magnets are sick

Yeah but no one really knows how they work.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we need to go back to basics and have sticks that use hydraulics

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
getting out one of those old timey oil cans from the wizard of oz tin man bit to get ready for a night of gaming

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Because of dirt, lint, and cum mostly.

Keyboard goop guy rereg spotted

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Cranappleberry posted:

getting out one of those old timey oil cans from the wizard of oz tin man bit to get ready for a night of gaming

unironically want this

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Tunicate posted:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Keyboard goop guy rereg spotted

real visceral shudder here.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
id rather have my penis have stick drift than own a ps5

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

insane anime posted:

How's ur knob feel?

e: wait that joke doesn't work since this isn't about audio gear. sorry.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How's ur knob feel?

e: wait that joke doesn't work since this isn't about audio gear. sorry.

like your moms nipples

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

insane anime posted:

"sorry babe, i know, i have to always aim to the right to get it to go in the hole. sorry, okay, this time it's going to work!"

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i'm satisfied that the Lore is in Good Hands. goodbye,

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sorry to get serious for a moment here, but legendary Let's Player The Dark Id has announced that his terminal cancer has caught up to him and that he'll be checking out pretty soon.

So if you ever enjoyed one of his many LPs like I have, today's a good time to reread them.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

drat. Sorry to hear it. Name's still familiar, I definitely read some of his LPs back in the day, right around the time that I first registered.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Ibblebibble posted:

Sorry to get serious for a moment here, but legendary Let's Player The Dark Id has announced that his terminal cancer has caught up to him and that he'll be checking out pretty soon.

So if you ever enjoyed one of his many LPs like I have, today's a good time to reread them.

gently caress, I didn't know he had cancer, that sucks.

He did the best SSLPs the forum ever produced imo

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ibblebibble posted:

definitely remember his lps. that sucks.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

That guy was one of the bigger reasons I read the forums back in the day. May he pass in peace :(

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ibblebibble posted:

:smith: that really sucks.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

drat. He’s the guy who got me in here.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

that sucks. cancer sucks. :(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

One of the last tweets I saw of his was him hoping he survives long enough to outlive Kissinger. Glad he managed that at least. RIP to a real one.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

pouring it out to a real one, he's the guy who introduced me to the wild videogame world of yoko taro

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

One of the last tweets I saw of his was him hoping he survives long enough to outlive Kissinger. Glad he managed that at least. RIP to a real one.

this is so wholesome omg

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

that is badass. rip

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

yeah a friend told me that earlier today, i never checked him out but it's clear there's a lotta people whose gateway to LPs or SA was through him. RIP to a real one

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Slowbeef has doubts about The Dark Id's cancer. He just posted a 15 minute audio recording on X and it's something.

I smell a saga brewing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

O_O

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lol wtf.....

https://twitter.com/slowbeef/status/1764469042113372160

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

UwUnabomber posted:

Slowbeef has doubts about The Dark Id's cancer. He just posted a 15 minute audio recording on X and it's something.

I smell a saga brewing.

There's only one man who can solve this once and for all: ProtonJon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
X is such a cool site when I go to slow beef's twitter and it shows me tweets from 2017 and 2019 at the top