Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Sagas are good. I like sagas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Captain Invictus posted:

liquid penguins was a creepy freak and messaged me that out of nowhere, they got perma'd for something unrelated so it doesn't matter anymore but when I messaged axemaniac saying "hey this weirdo sent me this extremely creepy message" he was like "hands tied, can't do anything, your word against his"

AxeManiac was so useless in so many ways.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

lurdiak was not even the only guy who regularly said touhou is for pedophiles in games lol. fortunately the few ive seen who said that with any frequency have been scared off, cuz lol come on man.

I mean there's some weird people who really, really like the characters in bad ways but I don't assume everyone who likes it that kind of person. And besides, pretty much every major media property has weirdo freaks so it isn't like Touhou has a monopoly.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

there are very gross people who like almost anything (as a great example, our very own deviantart thread lol), but the point these people are making is the series itself is explicitly catering to pedophiles. which is insane on the face of it. and then doubly so because zun has said "yeah im never gonna write or really even imply romantic relationships in this media cuz i dont know how to do that" lol.

I mean yeah, obviously it's not meant to cater to those sorts of people. It's just the old DURR LIKING ANIME MEANS PEDOPHILE thing that refuses to die (and admittedly there's far too much anime/manga that does cater to that poo poo, and by too much I mean there's "some" instead of "none" and I don't want to get into an argument over specific examples).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
For me PoE is an acronym for the old Portal of Evil website and I refuse to have this changed by a video game.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Valko posted:

And here I was thinking I was the oldest guy in this thread.

Get off my lawn.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Valko posted:

Portal of Evil was a website back in the late 90's and early 2000's that was a collection of obscure websites. They had rule - you weren't supposed to harass webmasters of the weird sites you looked up. It was unlike the early days of SA and awful link of the day when nobody had a problem with 'goonrushing' obscure geocities webpages. They saw themselves as curators of the bizarre, don't harass and disturb these weirdos so they don't leave the internet.

Some internet legends were frequent contributors to PoE, like Robert Wolpaw (of Old Man Murray Fame and also one of the story writers for Portal) and Seanbaby.

It doesn't exist anymore. I just googled "Portal of Evil" and the first two results were a tabletop RPG and obscure computer game from 2015. The third result was from WikiFur - people who would have an obvious beef about someplace like Portal of Evil.

Also the oft-mentioned F Plus podcast was started by a bunch of ex-PoE forums people, some of whom are also SA members.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ulvir posted:

if a game has a difficulty setting I will always choose the easiest one, and ill always crank the brightness as high as I can without the screen becoming solid white. gently caress your “ambiance” and “until pattern is barely visible”, I want to be able to see poo poo and I play to unwind and have some fun, not for a badge of pride or to prove my worth, I don’t have time for that

Oh yeah? I don't even play the video games I buy. Instead I look at the cover art, then hit myself in the dick with a hammer for a couple hours at a time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NitroSpazzz posted:

:wave: Hey, I spent a week out at the goon Hawaii compound in 2009 before starting a real job. Cleared some trails by machete, hauled rocks, designed a gate and ate some good food. Was a pretty good time but largely just messing around in the rain forest.

Did you help shoot the pig in the head?

And did the land owner goon contract some sort of tropical parasite that destroyed his internal organs or not?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kazinsal posted:

I had forgotten about that and was going to consider her 5000 word essay about elf cocks and copulation as the worst post she ever made, but nope, that one takes the cake

She posted about :nws::nms: DO NOT READ THIS WHILE EATING making chili with her placenta :nws::nms: and the gloating over some dead teens was still somehow worse.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You bastard

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

misguided rage posted:

And it's still only the second-worst chili posted on the forums

True, true.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Paladinus posted:

The goon who made the video didn't actually know about the Wounded Knee Massacre (on the account of not being American) and legitimately thought it was a Skyrim reference.

This is actually referencing another video where some LPer with the nerdiest possible voice insisted that it was a reference to Skyrim and not, y'know, the Wounded Knee Massacre. I remember the quote "Booker DeWitt, wounded in the knee."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This video can go to hell.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kojima predicted president trump

So did a Brooke Shields sitcom from the mid-90s.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Ainu that guy was a dipshit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

can spend 8000 dollars to voice a character that talks in stupid grunts and gibberish but cant buy a new controller smh

Clearly he spent all his controller money on the kickstarter.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cool cool cool the epic GBS obituary gimmick account was a permabanned transphobe.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 8, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

Hold up a second

what in the world is "the GBS Obituary Gimmick"

Dude constantly posting no effort obit threads for D-list at best celebrities and others. When he'd get probated, he's register burner accounts to keep posting them. Just a completely deranged individual so naturally the usual suspects responsible for GBS adored him and gave him with the "oh what a little scamp you are" treatment.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Seth Pecksniff posted:

There really wasn't a reason to suspect Dm was a permabanned poster, but I think the gimmick started going to their head in the last few months and it caused them to slip up

I'm not a super genius GBS mod but maybe if someone's a weird gimmick account treat them with suspicion? Just a thought.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Do you really want us to run an alt check on you?

:rolleyes:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

His gimmick is actually never quite landing a joke

Fair.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nuns with Guns posted:

If anyone really wants to talk more about why nobody noticed that Driftingmouse was a permabanned psycho for a long while then that's definitely something for SAD shop talk and how easy or reliable alt checks are and not here. If he said something funny or whatever, sure, bring it up here, but it sounds like he was more of a miserable creep than anything.

It's not so much that it was ever funny, but it's vaguely interesting because even by gimmick account standards, reregging repeatedly to post vaguely famous people obit threads is a strange gimmick.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - they did it for jerking off reasons

I know nothing gets me hotter than posting a thread about how the creator of Bubsy is dead.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

drat, what does villians.fandom.com/wiki say about him?

lol I forgot about that

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EorayMel posted:

I'm astonished star citizen even allows refunds

They don't. Not any more. Mostly because of the SA thread.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I'm surprised it apparently wasn't intended to be a scam but it's one of those things that definitely is one in practice

Chris Roberts is breathtakingly incompetent at management.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HopperUK posted:

One of those transphobe probes was because they said they were leaving the thread and then reported the post of someone who dunked on them, in a huff.

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

I'm just glad I will never have to see one of his creepy-rear end posts in the Fire Emblem thread ever again

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frank Frank posted:

Oh that guy. He was creepy and obnoxious before that but I don’t remember why

E: oh ok, it’s this guy:

Dude's been banned from practically every single forum on the internet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lady Radia posted:

posters are their avs, no ifs ands or buts about it

Can confirm I am a monte cristo sandwich and a quote from Warren Zevon.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

symbolic posted:

one of the first things i did there was click on the channel labeled "mtg" and get greeted with a pic of a foot-long cock. so yes

That Little Demon posted:

I told you to avoid any channel named OLD and you were warned,..

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm absolutely my avatar.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Check out synthy doing Simone Biles routines as he leaps from the top rope:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Don't worry NoJoes, black america has stepped up to do your job for you, as usual.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Making up "funny" names for Elon Musk is really dumb because I don't think there even is a dumber name than Elon Musk.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Smirking_Serpent posted:

the best part is when someone was like "stop being mean to the covid thread, it's where i found me wife"

aaaaaaaaaaa

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HazCat posted:

You're literally just writing fan fiction about people you don't like doing a stupid thing so you can feel superior to them.

Shut up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Antivehicular posted:

I'm not convinced goons have ever produced funny music aside from Pieces of Hate and TLO Roll Call, and those were by the same guy

Lowtax's ditty about pipebomb was funny in the dumb way most early forums stuff was.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DaysBefore posted:

Need a new acronym because I keep getting excited thinking people are talking about extremely win game Pillars of Eternity only to find out it's Path of Exile

Grassy Knowles posted:

I keep thinking the old website Portal of Evil

Hell, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This guy will definitely earn another 100k probe.