Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
It's time to taste what you most fear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

PinheadSlim posted:

I went to private school up to highschool and all I got out of it was a deep seated hatred of the rich and a below mediocre understanding of Latin. The former was a great life lesson but the latter only helped me understand obscure jokes in Terry Pratchett books.

Latin is always touted as "helping you understand medical terms" but literally it's like you learn the word "foot" and then it's just a bunch of poo poo about how Aurelius beat the slaves in the vestibulum and all the 5 million different gods they had. I wish i took Spanish so i could talk about the medical things TO ACTUAL PEOPLE but no everybody tells you to take latin it's for the smart kids. On the plus side learning Latin helps you learn other romance languages, it's just you could just learn the actual live language in the first place instead of a dead one.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I will say though that my Latin teacher loving owned, her name was Mrs Muggleston and she absolutely loathed Harry potter (due to her name you see). She also had us make ancient roman recipes (mine was some kind of baked dates or something? ) and showed us parts of Life of Brian.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

As a white male I don’t even see color :smug:

"They can be black, white, yellow, or purple for all I care!"

My mom will get really mad when people say that. "There are no purple people!"

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Treecko posted:

As a white noise poster, I will continue to scroll through and contemplate posting in threads

I'm a purple noise poster