Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I don't recall having any particularly crappy teachers, like the worst we got were those apathetic public school geriatrics who probably should've retired twenty years sooner.

I had really great band teachers, and a great Japanese teacher my junior and senior year of high school. I can't really give specific examples because I'd be here all day. Just everything about them was fantastic.

i had an ok japanese teacher my sophomore year but she was a recent uni grad and still in training, and a native japanese speaker so her english was only so-so. but my anecode about her is that we were learning about relative time words--"today" "tomorrow" "current week" "last week" sort of thing--and for some reason she chose the phrase "coming week" instead of "next week" and all the guys in that class agreed that it was way too distracting to have this total babe in her 20s continuously reiterating "cumming week" to teenagers

I had a math teacher my sophomore year who had just bought new copies of all her Discworld novels, and she gave me something like 15 or 20 of her old ones as hand-me-downs. Why? Because I mentioned to her once that I had, by chance, found this interesting new author in the library, name of ~Piers Anthony~, and she was like "oh my god gently caress piers anthony, here have these REAL books instead." excellent life advice imo

Amazing physics teacher my senior year too. Our course content was extremely rigorous and I always felt like I was behind based on my exam results, but we used the national standardized physics test for our final exam and I knocked that poo poo outta the park so hard, i got like a 97% on it or smth, so obviously he was doing something right and in retrospect, it seems that our in-school tests were just insanely difficult galaxy brain poo poo designed by (who else!) the physics teachers :v: Aside from the physics, he was full of crazy stories from his youth about how applying logic to everyday situations can save your rear end.

near the end of the year he showed us a 9/11 conspiracy video and explained to us the math behind why the conspiracy theory being floated in the video was bullshit and how a moving object (airplane) can, in fact, blast chunks of concrete out the side of a sufficiently large fixed object (world trade center) at speed. and let us burn a bible with a big panel of fresnel glass and the sun

e: wait no i just remembered, ONE absolutely crappy teacher. i took summer school history one year so i could take more electives during the normal year. he couldn't spell, he could barely read, and there was a test with the question, "what kinds of dangers did traders face on the mississippi river" and marked the entire class wrong for not answering "Sharks"

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU