Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
My form tutor Mrs Hurcombe was incredible. She was a short, plump and rose-faced woman who was a food tech (cooking) teacher and as someone looking over the personal and educational development of ~30 kids she always made time for everyone and was patient and caring. It was like having a kick-arse aunt watching your back at school, and she had no issue with you hanging out in the kitchen classroom during breaks. But drat she ran her class with an iron fist and didn't play favourites.

There was also Mr. Johnston who was my "graphic products" (read: technical drawing) teacher who was an enormous sci-fi nerd. Tall and pale guy who funnily enough reminded me of Data just with wrinkles, blue eyes and unkempt hair. Lot of good time spent talking about Star Trek and sci-fi with him even if I sucked at technical drawing.

Finally Mr. Barrass and his classroom assistant Ivan taught design technology (woodshop). This stout geordie who outside of safety didn't really give a flying gently caress. When the design technology block got a new PC suite built and installed someone snuck a copy of unreal tournament onto the network and that was where we spent most lunch breaks doing "coursework". Barrass and Ivan went from admonishing, to ignoring, and eventually joining in on lunchtime deathmatches.

Basically anyone who made the day feel tolerable was a good egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU