Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We aren't serious about the whole take over the universe thousand years of darkness thing right? This whole thing is just the cool robes and the red Kyber crystals and a general love for breathing apparatus culture.... right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Only the Sith deal in absolutes. The Jedi just eyeball it and say "close enough".

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hey uhh I just did a google image search for Sith Lord and everybody on the page is dead

I think that means I'm in charge now?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Han Solo: "yeah I did the Kessel run in like less than 5 parsecs"
Sith Lord: "What?! That doesn't even make sense!! Parsecs are a unit of distance, and furthermore it is a unit of distance that relates to the distance of a star system not even existing in this universe, and furthermore what the hell do you mean by 'less than'?? 1 less than? 100 less than? Be specific, man!!"

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The entire Sith led empire are just layer on layer of engineers calculating poo poo based on known values and the Jedi are just hanging out in nature, wearing robes and poo poo, talking to ghosts and doing space magic that doesn't make any drat sense.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
this thread is nothing but bigotry against the Sith species and I won't stand for it.

I will sit on this cool throne that has a lot of spikes.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sith is like Space Goth. You dont reallllly wanna on top because its better to be the cool underdog edgelords. Thats why they have the rule of two. Its self sabotage and then palp had to go and gently caress things up and grab it all.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I was at a lovely jizz bar once getting an Aqualish beer. One of those shitholes where the bartenders clearly hate you. So the bartender and I were ignoring one another when someone sits next to me and he immediately says, "no. get out."

And the dude next to me says, "hey I'm not doing anything, I'm a paying customer." and the bartender reaches under the counter for a blaster or something and says, "out. now" and the dude leaves, kind of yelling. And he was dressed in a black jedi uniform I noticed

Anyway I asked what that was about and the bartender was like "you didn't see his lightsaber but it was all Sith poo poo. red blade, double ended and poo poo. You get to recognize them."

And I was like, ohok and he continues

"you have to nip it in the bud immediately. These guys come in and it's always a nice, polite one. And you serve them because you don't want to cause a scene. And then they become a regular and after a while they bring an apprentice. And that dude is cool too.

And then THEY bring apprentices and the apprentices bring stormtroopers and they stop being cool and then you realize, oh poo poo, this is a Sith bar now. And it's too late because they're entrenched and if you try to kick them out, they cause a PROBLEM. So you have to shut them down.

And I was like "oh drat." and he said "yeah you have to ignore their reasonable arguments because their end goal is to conquer the galaxy and rule by fear"

And then he went back to ignoring me. But I haven't forgotten that at all.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
some Sith Lords like to wear floral colors. Yes, we exist. We're valid.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Sith are basically Chuds, in that they draw their power from a sense of grievance and spite, so they have to constantly invent things to be mad at to satisfy their anger addiction and fuel their ambitions that they can never satisfy because a sense of inner peace would make them powerless.

That's why they're always wearing robes and brooding and poo poo, they have to constantly maintain an air of goth angstiness to channel their frustration into magic temper tantrums.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I was at a lovely jizz bar once getting an Aqualish beer. One of those shitholes where the bartenders clearly hate you. So the bartender and I were ignoring one another when someone sits next to me and he immediately says, "no. get out."

And the dude next to me says, "hey I'm not doing anything, I'm a paying customer." and the bartender reaches under the counter for a blaster or something and says, "out. now" and the dude leaves, kind of yelling. And he was dressed in a black jedi uniform I noticed

Anyway I asked what that was about and the bartender was like "you didn't see his lightsaber but it was all Sith poo poo. red blade, double ended and poo poo. You get to recognize them."

And I was like, ohok and he continues

"you have to nip it in the bud immediately. These guys come in and it's always a nice, polite one. And you serve them because you don't want to cause a scene. And then they become a regular and after a while they bring an apprentice. And that dude is cool too.

And then THEY bring apprentices and the apprentices bring stormtroopers and they stop being cool and then you realize, oh poo poo, this is a Sith bar now. And it's too late because they're entrenched and if you try to kick them out, they cause a PROBLEM. So you have to shut them down.

And I was like "oh drat." and he said "yeah you have to ignore their reasonable arguments because their end goal is to conquer the galaxy and rule by fear"

And then he went back to ignoring me. But I haven't forgotten that at all.

This is some really closed minded poo poo now help me move this gigantic people-mulcher into the central dais of this chamber so I can sit in front of it on my massive red throne.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I wasn't planning on apprenticing myself to the Sith, but when I saw how good I looked in a black cape, there really only was one option.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm Darth Merenghi. I know Jedi who use relativity and they're all cowards.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

reignofevil posted:

Hey uhh I just did a google image search for Sith Lord and everybody on the page is dead

I think that means I'm in charge now?

A sith is always in charge; they just sometimes wait for the opportunity to demonstrate it to their fool of a "master".

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Here’s what you need to know about the Sith: Sheev fucks.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

look he's just this guy from work, we go to the fluids opera once a month, it's not a big deal. yeah, he's into some weird subculture, idk, seems like they mostly just dress up in robes and discuss philosophy and politics. not really my thing! he says he can hook me up with a guy who'll sort out this sleep issue i've been having for a while now but otherwise it's not like i'm even really hanging out with him all that often.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

It's interesting that Jedi stuff has sorta vague real-world parallels, being all Zen and unattached from material things and wants and dispassionately loving toward all things, but I'm not sure there are any real world religions that go with "Hey, you know how it can feel kinda good to be really angry and full of hate? That's good, cultivate more of that, Hate makes you Powerful."

...well, aside from those Westboro Baptist fucks I guess.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

It's interesting that Jedi stuff has sorta vague real-world parallels, being all Zen and unattached from material things and wants and dispassionately loving toward all things, but I'm not sure there are any real world religions that go with "Hey, you know how it can feel kinda good to be really angry and full of hate? That's good, cultivate more of that, Hate makes you Powerful."

It's a perversion of religion. Like, there's religion, and then there's the "dark side" of religion, where they round up and exterminate all the jews and indigineous people, etc.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Did you know that Boch's bubble opera syncs up to Pink Floydano's dark side of the force album? It's pretty sick

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Did you know that Boch's bubble opera syncs up to Pink Floydano's dark side of the force album? It's pretty sick

Anything syncs up with dark side of the force if you smoke enough deathsticks.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

RBA Starblade posted:

The Jedi did not teach me this!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I can't go on living a lie anymore, I'm buying a helmet.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Sith is an aesthetic, but Gonk is life

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

reignofevil posted:

I can't go on living a lie anymore, I'm buying a helmet.

Who'd have thought the Sith would be the safety conscious faction.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Asterite34 posted:

That's literally just fascism.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
When your dark master is insisting that "Chrome is in this year!"

No dilweed. Chrome has never been in. Chrome will never be in. Black is hip every single year, you fossil.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Darth Tyranus enjoys a yellow-green almost sage lighting scheme seen throughout his home planet. Not my cup of tea but it's a way to go.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Ugh! For the third year in a row, Mom handed me a present on "Life Day" with a tag on it that says "Like your father before you". I already know it's going to be yet another drat long flowing black cape, and I'm not going to wear it!

I know your thinly veiled ulterior motives. I'm my own person, I'm not going to be a Sith Lord like Dad, and I know you are trying to send me down that road with the black cape as the first step. Nice try, Mom!

Also, I mean seriously, we don't even celebrate "Life Day" in this family, Mom!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
For Sale: Tie Interceptor; Never Flown.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Asterite34 posted:

haha yeah no religion ever said "follow our rules or else"

not once, ever

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

reignofevil posted:

For Sale: Tie Interceptor; Never Flown.

No lowballers! *waves hand* You know what I've got!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Every once in a while I just need to get some shouting out of my system there's nothing quite like hearing the word VENGEANCE! echo across the command bridge of your excelsior class ultra star destroyer. Don't tell the chaps on shift 4 but I'm not even vengeful toward anyone right now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

reignofevil posted:

Every once in a while I just need to get some shouting out of my system there's nothing quite like hearing the word VENGEANCE! echo across the command bridge of your excelsior class ultra star destroyer. Don't tell the chaps on shift 4 but I'm not even vengeful toward anyone right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFeN5-M8GR8&t=25s

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

reignofevil posted:

Every once in a while I just need to get some shouting out of my system there's nothing quite like hearing the word VENGEANCE GONK! echo across the command bridge of your excelsior class ultra star destroyer. Don't tell the chaps on shift 4 but I'm not even vengeful toward anyone right now.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

That's the stuff! Old school let em know you're out for blood kinda talk!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

incredible

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
it's weird when some Sith get a little too into it. The brooding, the internal conflict, being all goth about it. I think we all know who I'm talking about.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I heard this one guy covered himself in painful force crabs just so he could tank lightsaber shots and hate himself harder. I dunno sounds like a crap hand to me I'd rather cut off my torso and replace my lower half with robot spider legs.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

*wampa paw finger curls*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Finger Prince posted:

Only the Sith deal in absolutes. The Jedi just eyeball it and say "close enough".

"Only the Sith deal in Absoluts. That's why I drink Ketel One."
-Obi-Wan Kenobi, Crazy Old Wizard