Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol i keep thinking of this and lolling

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I tried to grab a falling piece of rebar that was bright orange and it like instantly blanched and numbers my fingers and felt kinda like butter sliding through my hand.

:stare: jfc

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Insane thing I started doing: When I see a blacksmith shop in a game now I stand there for like 5 minutes searching for inspiration amongst the art assets. I always get jealous at how many gigantic anvils are just lying around because IRL I can’t get find a used hundred year old 80 pound anvil for less than like 500 dollars.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Worm's gotten me super into 3d-printed Guns & Explosives since covid hit

Current steez:

Mandatory ambulance ride pic, lol:

Prior attempts:
Yikes
(that one left a mark!!)

And yeah, I've recovered a ton and it taught me some crucial lessons. Trust me, Fungah, once you get a couple builds under your belt you'll feel like a god

e: Awesome, feds fuckin with my site again. Cheers for that!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Current steez:

Prior attempts:
Yikes
(that one left a mark!!)

And yeah, I've recovered a ton and it taught me some crucial lessons. Trust me, Fungah, once you get a couple builds under your belt you'll feel like a god

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Current steez:

Prior attempts:
Yikes
(that one left a mark!!)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Thinking you should make some armor for the hens op. A set of chicken breastplates if you will

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Current steez:

Prior attempts:
Yikes
(that one left a mark!!)

Lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Current steez:

Prior attempts:
Yikes
(that one left a mark!!)

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Thinking you should make some armor for the hens op. A set of chicken breastplates if you will

I’ll upgrade their talons to Chocobo size.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Eventually I’d like to make a horse shoe and put it on a steed and also I want to make a black powder rifle someday.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

Current steez:

Prior attempts:
Yikes
(that one left a mark!!)

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

copy
Jul 26, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Current steez:

Prior attempts:
Yikes
(that one left a mark!!)

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

Current steez:

Prior attempts:
Yikes
(that one left a mark!!)

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you draw or whatever it’s considered crafting, musicians are bards of course, and any other creative endeavor. But I don’t want to read about cooking in this thread. I can’t afford to get hungry atm.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pungry posted:

May we hear it?

i'll think about it, ive played in a few bands and that kind of stuff can make you really easy to doxx if the kind of freak that likes doing decides they hate my guts lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I spent 30 years drawing but now I only draw plans for the forge. It has consumed my imagination and also changed my favorite color tier list to have bright orange (1800F) in S along with lavender.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I spent 30 years drawing but now I only draw plans for the forge. It has consumed my imagination and also changed my favorite color tier list to have bright orange (1800F) in S along with lavender.

being taken by a strange mood ftw

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

trying to jack off posted:

i'll think about it, ive played in a few bands and that kind of stuff can make you really easy to doxx if the kind of freak that likes doing decides they hate my guts lol

Totally fair

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s a dream of mine to make something they give away at Zeldathon. I wonder if it’s illegal to give a Master Sword to a teenager.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

It’s a dream of mine to make something they give away at Zeldathon. I wonder if it’s illegal to give a Master Sword to a teenager.

if it is, it shouldnt be

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

if it is, it shouldnt be

this. let teens have swords.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

swords are legal for the most part but they do count as weapons so be aware of your state's laws

also do not shove molten iron up your dickhole and wear eye protection

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

I just started metal smithing classes last week, I don't have anything to show off yet unless you want to look at a bunch of copper wire soldered together. We're just practicing using the tools, manipulating the metals, controling the heat and other basic stuff. My instructor is a little old greek guy who says he was trained in the "ancient way" whatever that means and I love him. This should hold my interest for a while but the next thing I would like to try is leatherworking.

I also dabble in all of the grandma crafts. Sewing, embroidery, crochet but all self taught and amateur status. I hop around from thing to thing, slowly adding incomplete projects to the hobby graveyard.

EDIT: I forgot I also do insect taxidermy!

Cousin Foomin fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 6, 2023

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I knitted this beanie for a snowboarding trip, but the material I bought made it itchy as hell and I immediately forgot how to knit afterwards.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Insane thing I started doing: When I see a blacksmith shop in a game now I stand there for like 5 minutes searching for inspiration amongst the art assets. I always get jealous at how many gigantic anvils are just lying around because IRL I can’t get find a used hundred year old 80 pound anvil for less than like 500 dollars.

Found myself doing this for woodworking stuff now, Witcher 3 is chock full of sick workshops everywhere and skellige's got a handful of full blown water-powered sawmills cranking out timbers.

There's a worker guy at Corvo Bianco that's going over a plank of wood with a smoothing plane but there's no workholding and the piece is crooked as poo poo with no proper stock prep and I hate how much it pisses me off lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Other than woodwork my main crafty thing is moonshinin'

I stick to fruit brandies and aquavit since they're harder to come by and I can make stuff better than store bought at this point. I age 'em in little oak barrels in my cellar and when a batch gets good I share with with bartenders around town so now I get free shots all the time and never have to wait for a drink it's awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

drat, wanna try summa that shine

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lol gently caress that's cool

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fortaleza posted:

I stick to fruit brandies and aquavit since they're harder to come by and I can make stuff better than store bought at this point. I age 'em in little oak barrels in my cellar and when a batch gets good I share with with bartenders around town so now I get free shots all the time and never have to wait for a drink it's awesome

Now we’re talking

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

I knitted this beanie for a snowboarding trip, but the material I bought made it itchy as hell and I immediately forgot how to knit afterwards.

Lol itchy wool ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fortaleza posted:

Hell yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Found myself doing this for woodworking stuff now, Witcher 3 is chock full of sick workshops everywhere and skellige's got a handful of full blown water-powered sawmills cranking out timbers.

There's a worker guy at Corvo Bianco that's going over a plank of wood with a smoothing plane but there's no workholding and the piece is crooked as poo poo with no proper stock prep and I hate how much it pisses me off lol

that fuckin rocks. i used to brew my own mead, i should do another batch

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

that fuckin rocks. i used to brew my own mead, i should do another batch

nice. went to a wedding where homemade mead was on offer and it was incredible (also lethal)

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yup lol, i've got a pic from thanksgiving one year where I busted out the homemade mead and after two glasses everyone was sittin around in zombie mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

nice. went to a wedding where homemade mead was on offer and it was incredible (also lethal)

At my sister’s wedding there was homemade moonshine and the best man got really drunk before the ceremony and during the reception passed out in the back of his truck