Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the imp zone army of the deformed grows stronger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

also i burned my hnd rasping the end and my instructor looked at me and said "that's what people smell like" and laughed like a hyena

Lol it’s nasty.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember being appetized by a burn a few months ago tho. Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Did you use a coal forge. Your hand isn’t black enough for that…

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nah propane, they've got a coal forge but they wanted to teach us basic hammer technique first

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Lol it’s nasty.

it's so nasty lmfao, hd no idea what i was even smelling for a bit

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

imp zest

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Today I went to shear a nearly cut off screw bracket on a triangular brace I straightened and it bounced off the anvil on the last blow and hit me in the side of the face. :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

it's so nasty lmfao, hd no idea what i was even smelling for a bit

Sometimes I think it’s the welding glove and then remember I wasn’t wearing one.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Some naked women I seen in wood (side crafting).

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Today I went to shear a nearly cut off screw bracket on a triangular brace I straightened and it bounced off the anvil on the last blow and hit me in the side of the face. :D

lmfao when i cut the bookmark it richocheted off th anvil and spun in the air towards me, ty for warning me not to even try to catch it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

:jackbud:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

stupid bitch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Wormskull posted:

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

That’s hank hills rear end.

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018

Fungah! posted:

nah propane, they've got a coal forge but they wanted to teach us basic hammer technique first

that's a good way of doing it. i am ride or die for coal, i love it, but having a fire to tend adds a whole extra layer of complexity that can definitely be too much when you're just getting started. propane lacks the soul of coal (or better yet, charcoal) but it's inarguably a lot easier to run

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Because you have to contain the gas of propane different it’s hard to make like a big Christmas ornament for your mom or something but it’s good for tools. And if you have a torch you can get away with some awkward bends I guess.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

were still doin very basic rear end crap, next sunday we're doin a bottle opener to learn bends and twists

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

borgnar posted:

propane lacks the soul of coal

will absolutely be stealing this if i ever need to appear wise around ironsmiths, lol :hmmyes:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
small sampling of recent sketches, *lunchlady voice* hope you like em sloppy!!
we got some fromsoftian blindfolded religious figures (juxtaposing braille with compound bug eyes: is that evocative?). we got some centipedes and similar-ish larvae, large and extra large. and yeah, some pelvic bone scorpions that dont really work yet. currently working on imagining grand cathedrals with giant ant pupae being worshiped.

it's good poo poo but lol my mom keeps being like "You remember those beautiful birds you used to paint??" yeah nice freakin try

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

pelvic bone scorpion is one of the sickest phrases ive seen lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lol direct consequence of elden ring having so much epic bug and womb poo poo, ftw. similarly there's some pages of sketches of portals of blood and blood waterfalls and stuff. but theres also some bug stuff in stephen king's Revival that's been living in my head friggin nonstop

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018

HolePisser1982 posted:

will absolutely be stealing this if i ever need to appear wise around ironsmiths, lol :hmmyes:

hell yeah

HolePisser1982 posted:

small sampling of recent sketches, *lunchlady voice* hope you like em sloppy!!
we got some fromsoftian blindfolded religious figures (juxtaposing braille with compound bug eyes: is that evocative?). we got some centipedes and similar-ish larvae, large and extra large. and yeah, some pelvic bone scorpions that dont really work yet. currently working on imagining grand cathedrals with giant ant pupae being worshiped.

it's good poo poo but lol my mom keeps being like "You remember those beautiful birds you used to paint??" yeah nice freakin try

hell yeah!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol direct consequence of elden ring having so much epic bug and womb poo poo, ftw. similarly there's some pages of sketches of portals of blood and blood waterfalls and stuff. but theres also some bug stuff in stephen king's Revival that's been living in my head friggin nonstop

all tht poo poo is so good lol. body horror monsters fuckin rule

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

zoning into the one reborn fight nd instantly turning into the kony 2012 guy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmfao. my mother in law keeps asking my wife "why don't you ever make a nice landscape?"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

were still doin very basic rear end crap, next sunday we're doin a bottle opener to learn bends and twists

Twisting and scrolling are a lovely time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Man if I could get only once a week in the forge I’d lose my marbles. I don’t think about hardly anything else but orange steel moving between an anvil and hammer lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Man if I could get only once a week in the forge I’d lose my marbles. I don’t think about hardly anything else but orange steel moving between an anvil and hammer lol.

wifes already told me i cant have a forge and a smoker until i buy her a house lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

wifes already told me i cant have a forge and a smoker until i buy her a house lmao

Good plan really. Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

you can't have it unless you buy me a house as well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

you can't have it unless you buy me a house as well

buy me a house and i'll buy you a forge and a smoker

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Everyone buy me a house. I won't buy you anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just want a wee cabin with a forge shed out back and some chickens. Anyone got any leads.