Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
You can tell the belt matters because it’s crowning its inaugural champ at noon on a Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i still hope somehow someway kevin owens wins the new championship title

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DeepDickPizza posted:

You can tell the belt matters because it’s crowning its inaugural champ at noon on a Saturday.

the intercontinental championship was initially won at an overseas tournament that didn't even make TV and its still relevant to this day

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

shiksa posted:

the intercontinental championship was initially won at an overseas tournament that didn't even make TV and its still relevant to this day

Honestly it was better back in the day when the fake bullshit tournament didnt have to be televised

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The Rio de Janeiro tournament didn't make TV because it never happened, it was entirely made up to give the title some prestige upon its creation

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Barry Bluejeans posted:

The Rio de Janeiro tournament didn't make TV because it never happened, it was entirely made up to give the title some prestige upon its creation

please respect kayfabe

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
my buddy's uncle was at that match and said it was crazy

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

lol if you know WWE is a loving embarrassment give me a rofl lmao

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/monesmaker/status/1662261603444588545?s=20

This didn’t look all that terrible until I realized Bayley and Iyo are supposed to be on the same team lol

I just... what is going on here? Why would that lead to Bayley getting pinned? That should have broken up the move that was being done.

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol how the gently caress would they justify giving it the WHC lineage when they already unified that with the WWE title non-universal edition like a decade ago

The WCW US title was unified into the WWE IC title, which was unified with the Europe and Hardcore title, which were unified into the World Heavyweight Championship. The then reactivated the US and IC titles.

Like this is not unheard of...

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My brother invited me over to watch the blood money show.. we never got along but this is just cruel

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/monesmaker/status/1662261603444588545?s=20

This didn’t look all that terrible until I realized Bayley and Iyo are supposed to be on the same team lol

Smackdown was taped, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Smackdown was taped, right?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Barry Bluejeans posted:

:thesperg:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Astro7x posted:

I just... what is going on here? Why would that lead to Bayley getting pinned? That should have broken up the move that was being done.

It's because WWE women's wrestling is so much better than AEW's division. We're very jealous we don't get this every Wednesday

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Source?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Planned match order and producers:

- World Heavyweight Title: Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles: Abyss

- Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus: Petey Williams

- IC Title: Gunther vs. Mustafa Ali: Jamie Noble

- Bianca Belair vs. Asuka: Adam Pearce

- Smackdown Women's Title: Rhea Ripley vs. Natalya

- Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar: Michael Hayes

- Tag Titles: The Wild SamiOwens vs. Bloodline: Michael Hayes & Jason Jordan

Backstage News, Scoops

- Some members of the creative team are overseas in Saudi Arabia as well.

- WWE is told by talent and staff that they are being "looked after very well" on this trip.

- Byron Saxton made the trip as well, and was replaced with Robert Strauss on NXT LVL UP commentary

- Imperium and Paul Heyman are scheduled to be at the show.

- Ref assignments are as follows: Eddie Orengo for Rhodes/Lesnar and IC Title, Danilo Anfibio for Lynch/Stratus, Ryan Tran for the World Title match, Jessika Carr for Asuka/Bianca, Daphne LaShaunn for Natalya/Ripley, and Dan Engler for the tag title match

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

This show is going to kick so much rear end. House of Saud is vibes.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Wrestling has more than one Royal family. lol.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Adrenaline. In my soul. Women driving on the road. Working towards vision 2030.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I want MBS to not pay Vince again

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
PLE thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4032896 to proudly support The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030 and LIV Golf!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
no thanks

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

yea ok posted:

Adrenaline. In my soul. Women driving on the road. Working towards vision 2030.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

My sources tell me that in a post match promo after defeating brock Cody will recite the shahada

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

How does this keep happening

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i hate the entrance graphics but fake banners look better than the weird cgi models

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Pylons posted:

How does this keep happening

I mean the booker is the guy whose logo is an iron cross soooo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I mean the booker is the guy whose logo is an iron cross soooo

its still the logo of the German military today iirc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/kxngao/status/1662523378865979393?s=46&t=2io1YhzTqhtijryQ4jU7MA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh i thought the joke was that they made fake cgi banners that's just a guy's severed head in saudi arabia lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

The avatar everyone posting in the gameday thread deserves

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/PlJKOmJ.mp4

drat, even more fascist references

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

https://i.imgur.com/PlJKOmJ.mp4

drat, even more fascist references

whats the fascist reference here im missing it unless your doing a "the US flag is fascist"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol, and indeed, lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe brock will slip on a pile of Cody's bitter tears and get flash pinned again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

whats the fascist reference here im missing it unless your doing a "the US flag is fascist"

Skulls, banners, the colors, the things that flag represents, all there. This company, gross.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

lmao drat fascists and their...banners. Cody haters will do anything to try and discredit the GOAT

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kvlt! posted:

It looks like the logo of a right-wing brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

well done slipping the othal rune shape into the bottom of the banner for a tiny extra touch of racism