Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wembley? That seems optimistic. I assumed they'd just do Craven Cottage because it'd be rent free, but sure, run a show in the largest stadium in the country. Britain doesn't like an optimist. It's an alien mindset to our culture.

Oasx posted:

Does Wembley stadium have a roof? I assume that in late august you can't be 100% sure that it won't rain.

...Sort of? It's not 100% coverage, the seating is all covered but the pitch isn't.

Interesting Wembley fact for you all: "The stadium contains 2,618 toilets, more than any other venue in the world"

Anyway, fascinated to see how this sells because I really can't believe this outdraws Clash At The Castle, which was 62,000, nevermind Summerslam '92 which according to Meltzer was 74,287.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

I think they're also counting on London being an easy travel destination for most of Europe as well.

Assuming we haven't put up 60,000 foot tall fences around the island to keep Johnny Foreigner out, coming over here & stealing our jobs & also stealing our benefits & :umberto:

Plus there's a greater than zero chance that our border staff will still be striking in August because we're a dysfunctional failing state, which will either make it really easy or really hard to get in, depending on how fascist the Home Office are feeling on that particular day

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If Danielson vs Zack isn't on the card then it's all garbage imo.

If they are putting local talent on the show they should find a slot for VeloCities, good Tag Team from RevPro. Technically Aussies but UK based.

Sting retiring in London seems an odd choice, not really sure how much of a big deal he is here. Seems an Atlanta show would be more emotionally poignant

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hmmm. Probably not going to go if it's going to end that late, doesn't leave a whole lot of time to get from Wembley to the sleeper train, bummer

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, you're better just seeing if you can get the Monday off and staying in London overnight. Probably be cheaper if you get a Travelodge or whatever.

I was trying to avoid the cost of an overnight stay, I'm poor. Seat on the Caledonian Sleeper is about £60, as opposed to a berth which is closer to £200 I think.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Andrade vs Miro in a loser has to stay in England and work Grado every month for the rest of their lives

Grado is starring in BBC Scotland sitcoms, he's above this