Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

more like fatnir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The Fafnir ruled in Mechwarrior: Living Legends. I managed to get it a couple of times. You click on other players to delete them.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

CommieGIR posted:

To summerize the experience:

buy the game, its well worth it.

lol

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Wife went to a tabletop convention and brought home the MechWarrior rpg, second edition from 1991. That's a lot of really terrible art in a real.good condition.

I already had the third edition but never got beyond character creation. I guess we gotta start now.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

good wife

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

My eyes are up... yeah I guess they're in the middle :shrug:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So, RogueTech enjoyers, what light mechs do you find survive well in the late game? I've got Jelly roll and his +40 affinity with lights, and while obviously I don't need to take advantage of that, if there's something that works well I'd consider it. Since evasion seems to matter not even a little to late game opfor I'm always a little hesitant

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Deafest pilot of the sphere

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lord Stimperor posted:

Deafest pilot of the sphere

YOU MEAN THE BADDEST OF THE BAD *FWOOOOOOSH*

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Azhais posted:

So, RogueTech enjoyers, what light mechs do you find survive well in the late game? I've got Jelly roll and his +40 affinity with lights, and while obviously I don't need to take advantage of that, if there's something that works well I'd consider it. Since evasion seems to matter not even a little to late game opfor I'm always a little hesitant

Light mechs and light mech pilots are an expendable product against assault and heavy lances. It's job is to force an assault or heavy to choose because shooting at the light mech or having a bunch of their rear armor sandpapered. Inevitably at some point they will turn to crush bug, at which point you try and plant every single location weapon you have in their back.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Assassin for life :whatup:

edit: 40 tons :negative:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Assassin for life :whatup:

edit: 40 tons :negative:

Could be worse, could be a Cicada.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

am i the only one who thinks the common toy robot painting convention of painting the gun barrels as if they're bare metal instead of just continuing the hull scheme onto them is a bit weird?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Owlbear Camus posted:

am i the only one who thinks the common toy robot painting convention of painting the gun barrels as if they're bare metal instead of just continuing the hull scheme onto them is a bit weird?

Same, yeah. Kinda defeats the point of camo, but on mechs heavier than mediums they are practically giant radar targets

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm not too pressed about it because it's toy robots rule of cool but another reason this stuff gets painted on real world gear is to prevent corrosion

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm not painting the gun barrels of the 2nd Donegal as bare metal, they're silver. If you keep getting the same gun shot off/destroyed we downgrade it to white, and it stays that way until you bring it back intact from a fight. If you do something really cool you get to paint the weapon you did it with gold.

I have made up several different painting rules.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Defiance Industries posted:

I have made up several different painting rules.

From the minds that brought you the slogan, "DefHes Knows Mechs!"

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I do paint the gun barrels in metal colors despite thinking it's silly. But I think with plastic minatures it's kinda necessary to sell the look. When I paint them the same as the rest of the 'Mech, they just look... plastic? If that makes sense.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

no paint is going to survive the heat of a barrel that's been firing so if you're NOT doing it in plain metal you're messing up

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

tribbledirigible posted:

From the minds that brought you the slogan, "DefHes Knows Mechs!"

I actually can't claim that one, when I write DI ad copy it's "Defiance: The biggest. The baddest."

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

no paint is going to survive the heat of a barrel that's been firing so if you're NOT doing it in plain metal you're messing up

yup

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The goon who did the paint budget, how much we spending on paint just for the gun barrels every engagement?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Reactor fuel 10 million C-bills
Pilots 5 million C-bills
Ammo 8 million C-Bills
Gun barrel paint 50 billion C-bills
Repairs 20 million C-bills

someone who is good at the mercenary please help me budget this. my mechwarriors are dying

I do not know a thing about Battletech money

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kibayasu posted:

Reactor fuel 10 million C-bills
Pilots 5 million C-bills
Ammo 8 million C-Bills
Gun barrel paint 50 billion C-bills
Repairs 20 million C-bills

someone who is good at the mercenary please help me budget this. my mechwarriors are dying

I do not know a thing about Battletech money

Spend less on Dekker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Spend less on Dekker

no

oh i guess i can, once i cut this condolence check to the widow dekker