Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I LOVE BATTLETECH and I've been playing it in one form or another since I was 8 years old. I hate anime so I haven't really gotten into much else Mecha stuff even though I'd probably love some of them, and I dunno where to go to watch that stuff anyway.

But one thing is certain: they are not robots. They require a human pilot. It's like saying a car is a robot. And that's dumb.

Actually one other thing is certain: they are definitely not 'robits'. You drat wieners. :argh:

Anyway I just wanted to give this PSA before I go play some Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries (which has a lot of problems but I don't care because I love Battletech. Glory to House Steiner. Wolf's Dragoons suxs I'm glad they got destroyed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I loved Mechwarrior 4. Played the heck out of that game. The customization of your mech and the sheer amount of content was indulgent.

Never watched or followed any mech cartoons. That game though is one of my all time favorites.

Fake edit: crap I just remembered I lent my copy to my brother like 25 years ago, and he never returned it. What a jerk.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I LOVE BATTLETECH and I've been playing it in one form or another since I was 8 years old. I hate anime so I haven't really gotten into much else Mecha stuff even though I'd probably love some of them, and I dunno where to go to watch that stuff anyway.

But one thing is certain: they are not robots. They require a human pilot. It's like saying a car is a robot. And that's dumb.

Actually one other thing is certain: they are definitely not 'robits'. You drat wieners. :argh:

Anyway I just wanted to give this PSA before I go play some Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries (which has a lot of problems but I don't care because I love Battletech. Glory to House Steiner. Wolf's Dragoons suxs I'm glad they got destroyed).

you ofc realize most of the early battletech mechanical designs were stolen directly from anime OP? sounds like you are a regular otaku

also tbh idk how people can say they are mech fans and NOT watch at least some anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hwDQJRU7E

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 8, 2023

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

MW5 likes to put your starting lance of 20 to 45 tonners up against six or seven AC-10 Urbanmechs because of course that's fun and engaging gameplay.

Love to take on heavy ballistics in a Jenner with 4 armor in the arms which is also where most of the weapons are mounted.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

free hubcaps posted:

you ofc realize most of the early battletech mechanical designs were stolen directly from anime OP? sounds like you are a regular otaku

also tbh idk how people can say they are mech fans and NOT watch at least some anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hwDQJRU7E

Yeah pretty much all of my favorites are from the original Battletech and Citytech boxed sets and I think every single one was ripped straight out of Robotech.

If Japan did mecha anime these days they'd probably all have penises and be piloted by 12 year old girls

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

car is cyborg which is basically a robot.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mecha are actually fleshy apocalypse doom golems powered by the tortured souls of your loved ones, on a mission to usurp god.

The single pilot combat walkers, on the other hand are of course robits

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gundam is stupid boring poo poo for dorks

except g gundam. g gundam owns

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

just watched this and holy poo poo it's bad why the hell is the foreground scrolling sideways when the dude is walking forward? Good god anime is such poo poo.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If they aren't robots then why do they look like robots, OP? Cars don't look like robots.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sure they look like robots, sound like robots, smell like robots, feel like robots, hell even have that metallic robot taste… but guys listen up, i’m telling you, mecha ain’t robots.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sounds like anime junk
Gotta stick to mechwarrior

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Bad Purchase posted:

even have that metallic robot taste…

Put down the Aphrodite-A figurine and back away slowly, Bad Purchase

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
In Florida, the Governor has banned mecha from using robots’ restrooms.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
MW5 sucked so much after BTA3062 or Roguetech.

I want to play MW style, but just allow a bit more arcade in. or star with a better key layout.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like playing battletech on my computer I like when the big robots shoot the badass lasers and blow up the other guys I wish I could put 10 ppcs on one guy could you imagine how cool that would be PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW I don't like the wussy ones tho lol could you imagine playing with a locust or a urban lmfao scrub rear end mechs

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Nooner posted:

I like when the big robots

we just talked about this!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I think nooners got you on this one Harry

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

gently caress

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
New Armored Core is gonna ROCK

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

are you trying to say mechanism? i don't think "mecha" is a word, op.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Not looking good Bill

ChatGPT dont lie because robots can't lie they don't know how

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

well I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Don't really know where this thread goes from here.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Nooner posted:

I like playing battletech on my computer I like when the big robots shoot the badass lasers and blow up the other guys I wish I could put 10 ppcs on one guy could you imagine how cool that would be PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW I don't like the wussy ones tho lol could you imagine playing with a locust or a urban lmfao scrub rear end mechs

Hell yeah. Once you get your fill revisit it down the road with one of the big mods

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEe0kzyFOyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj6HvIIFdoI

Wee fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 8, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

well I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Don't really know where this thread goes from here.

:gas:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

look at some of our giant robots op

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Kissability = 0

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Piss Creep posted:

Kissability = 0

gently caress you

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Jenner, Stormcrow, what's the green one? I don't recognize it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this thread is now the gbs battletech thread btw

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jenner, Stormcrow, what's the green one? I don't recognize it.

hollander

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

You guys are talking an awful lot for people who are supposed to be in the drat robot

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

oh man they must have redesigned them at some point cause Hollanders used to look a lot dumber than that

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

this thread is now the gbs battletech thread btw

Smugworth posted:

Sounds like anime junk
Gotta stick to mechwarrior

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

they're the same thing Smugworth!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

oh man they must have redesigned them at some point cause Hollanders used to look a lot dumber than that

it's a 3d print, but i think the design is maybe from mwo or something?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you absolute loving buffoon

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

gonna need to post a new thread retracting this thread for three days, that’s the misinfo policy here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Also if this is just anime it should go in the anime forum