Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this thread is now the gbs battletech thread btw

I agree with this and since my original statement has been decisively debunked I would like to request a title change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

Also if this is just anime it should go in the anime forum

I think we can all agree anime is trash even as we wallow in our love of anime-adjacent Battletech/Mechwarrior

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Here have some more

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I would like to offer up the opinion that the 65 ton weight class contains the coolest mechs:

Thunderbolt
Axman
Catapult
Crusader
Hellbringer
Jagermech
Tempest

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

Here have some more

hell yeah. i didn't wanna go thru discord for these. thank you

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Having said that though I still prefer to pilot medium mechs in any Mechwarrior title

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I would like to offer up the opinion that the 65 ton weight class contains the coolest mechs:

Thunderbolt
Axman
Catapult
Crusader
Hellbringer
Jagermech
Tempest

catapult k2 is one of my favourite mechs, aesthetically.

shadow cat is probably my #1 tho

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I also really dig the sheet metal shack town you guys have going on in these pics

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I also really dig the sheet metal shack town you guys have going on in these pics

thanks, yeah i've got a few of those tiles and working on another with a city on it now. really happy how it's all turning out, was using a different terrain system before

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nooner posted:

I like playing battletech on my computer I like when the big robots shoot the badass lasers and blow up the other guys I wish I could put 10 ppcs on one guy could you imagine how cool that would be PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW I don't like the wussy ones tho lol could you imagine playing with a locust or a urban lmfao scrub rear end mechs

i like jumping on ppls heads (:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

These are from different games on the first table Hot cocoa on the clout made. He's done up all the table/terrain poo poo and I've painted 80 something mechs. Gonna try and hit 100 very soon.

AXMEN!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I'm p sure OP is the goon who unironically brags about not hiring anyone who shows any interest in anime

And he's a battletech fan lmao

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

free hubcaps posted:

I'm p sure OP is the goon who unironically brags about not hiring anyone who shows any interest in anime

tbf battletech owns (well the game itself the lore is clownish) and anime is for big babies

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
when are we getting a new mechassault

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

ChickenHeart posted:

when are we getting a new mechassault

prob never but they are making a new MechWarrior game. but it's the same dude's at MW5 so it won't be great.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

is mw5 actually good now? I used to like MWO and played a little bit of 5 but kinda bounced off it, it was back when it initially came out tho

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I guess xemu works pretty well these days so you can play mechassault but that's about as close as you're getting to mechassault

:( on MW6 having the same dev team as 5

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Any good gundams I should check out

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

:henget:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

free hubcaps posted:

is mw5 actually good now? I used to like MWO and played a little bit of 5 but kinda bounced off it, it was back when it initially came out tho

With mods and playing coop with some bros it can be fun but it's repetitive and has strange bugs an issues. It's enough to scratch the itch from tiem to time

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Smugworth posted:

Also if this is just anime it should go in the anime forum

but then how would I read it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Smugworth posted:

Any good gundams I should check out

g gundam is awesome and hilarious and the only gundam that isn't boring pretentious garbage poo poo for space nerds

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

g gundam is awesome and hilarious and the only gundam that isn't boring pretentious garbage poo poo for space nerds

Nah there are other good gundams, War in the Pocket is imo one of the best mech media joints ever made

But you're not wrong that there's a whole lot of garbage

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

free hubcaps posted:

Nah there are other good gundams, War in the Pocket is imo one of the best mech media joints ever made

But you're not wrong that there's a whole lot of garbage

iron blooded orphans is pretty good, although the back half of the second season sucks despite having the best op

unicorn is boring rear end, though

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Which mechs use the space swords those are cool

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Which mechs use the space swords those are cool

They are called "laser rapiers" in the TV show and they are used by all of the gubdams

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

in addition to jumpin on ppls heads i also v much enjoy punchin ppl in battletech (:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Are the robots in Pacific rim gundams?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Smugworth posted:

Are the robots in Pacific rim gundams?

no the robots in Pacific Rim are Jaegers

they opened this giant theater here and for the 2 weeks before it opened officially they had special screenings of poo poo and I got to see Pacific Rim in 3D Imax twice for $4 w/ a free large drink and large popcorn it was sick

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
MadCat or Timber Wolf.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

MadCat or Timber Wolf.

:nallears:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

free hubcaps posted:

plz don't dox me

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

can a mod rename the thread pls i beg

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

MadCat or Timber Wolf.

Mad Cat is a much cooler name than Timber Wolf. And don't even get me started on why they call it a Mad Dog when Vulture is the perfect freakin' name for it.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Mechwarrior Living Legends was fun back in the day.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

can a mod rename the thread pls i beg

You should repost your full battle report here that went ignored in the TG battle tech thread because they are lame nerds who talk about lore all day

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What's the biggest mech ever

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Smugworth posted:

What's the biggest mech ever

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Orca_(BattleMech)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What about these mechs with castles on top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Lucius Pattern Warlord looks cooler than the Mars Pattern Warlord.