Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
https://twitter.com/ricsanchez/status/1593422524385177602
I keep reading the first one like the “how is babby formed” dramatic reading and it’s been stuck in my head ever since. I also agree with the last tweet draft there. :v:

Here’s today’s schedule:

:frogsiren: Monday Apr 10 :frogsiren:

• CWS @ MIN
2:10 PM ET
NBCSCH, BSNO, MLBN

• NYY @ CLE
6:10 PM ET
YES, BSGL

• OAK @ BAL
6:35 PM ET
NBCSCA, MASN

• HOU @ PIT
6:35 PM ET
ATTH, ATTP

• BOS @ TB
6:40 PM ET
NESN, BSSUN, MLBN

• MIA @ PHI
6:40 PM ET
BSFL, NBCSP

• SD @ NYM
7:10 PM ET
BSSD, SNY, MLBN

• CIN @ ATL
7:20 PM ET
BSOH, BSSE

• SEA @ CHC
7:40 PM ET
RSNW, MARQ

• KC @ TEX
8:05 PM ET
BSKC, BSSW

• STL @ COL
8:40 PM ET
BSMW, ATTR

• WSH @ LAA
9:38 PM ET
MSN2, BSSC

• MIL @ AZ
9:40 PM ET
BSWI, BSAZ

• LAD @ SF
9:45 PM ET
SNLA, NBCSBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
A+ thread title

Go Cubs baby love da Cubs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

No Buxton or Correa today lol it begins

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

this is some twins lineup

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
6pm start time is dumb

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Beat L.A.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This game is first week of spring training ugly all around, including the umps

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

No Buxton or Correa today lol it begins

Didn't take long...as usual

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MrMidnight posted:

Didn't take long...as usual

Buxton ended up pinch hitting so it sounds like today was just a load management day. They said at some point during the broadcast that Correa was dealing with back issues though so who knows what the deal there is gonna be.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Buxton ended up pinch hitting so it sounds like today was just a load management day. They said at some point during the broadcast that Correa was dealing with back issues though so who knows what the deal there is gonna be.

They should handle Buxton with care because he's a dude that will stop at nothing to catch a ball and get hurt slamming into a wall or something.

With Correa, that m'fer can sneeze or bend over and get hurt.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Giancarlo Stanton is a very strong man. He just hit a loving rocket high off the outfield wall that basically went in a straight line the whole way

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MrMidnight posted:

They should handle Buxton with care because he's a dude that will stop at nothing to catch a ball and get hurt slamming into a wall or something.

With Correa, that m'fer can sneeze or bend over and get hurt.

Buxton has been DHing all season and it sounds like they aren't even going to let him play in the field until May lol

Taylor has been playing well enough though so it's whatever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Can't believe the Mets and Giants were right

Also can't believe Dubon is hitting .304, when did this happen

e: also why is gameday so far ahead of local broadcasts this season, every time I want to look something up it's like two or three pitches ahead

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 10, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can't wait till Domingo German is off the Yankees.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Volpe can't lay off junk sliders right now :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oof Yordan that was a bad decision

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

IKF :argh:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It's truly incredible how many useless players the Yankees have on their roster.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The 3B shouldn't be able to play there.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress yeah Astros are heating up.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Cannot wait until Domingo German is not pitching for this team anymore.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Abreus been hitting well but I'm waiting for that first dong still. I hope he's not completely power sapped

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

German is such dogshit

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Love seeing the bottom of the lineup producing.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Dubon just loving with me now

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MrMidnight posted:

Dubon just loving with me now

You know drat well this is false gold but enjoy it while it lasts.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe Dubon should start over Pena when Altuve gets back :v:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Astros appear to be picking on that outside pitch (although the one to Maldonado leaked over the plate)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I have no answer as to why the Phillies seem to own Alcantara, of all people

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bregman is gonna have five walks or some poo poo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Volpe doesn't look ready, honestly. It was a bad call to have him start in the majors.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
sometimes you get lucky

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Can the Astros play against Roansy Contreras every day please tia

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

Volpe doesn't look ready, honestly. It was a bad call to have him start in the majors.

They didn't have a choice imho...the fan base would have been pretty pissed if he wasn't on the starting roster. He had a pretty good spring

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Kirios posted:

It's not good.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/AlexFast8/status/1645562640528465920?s=20

The Dong Bong is an inspired HR celebration

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

They didn't have a choice imho...the fan base would have been pretty pissed if he wasn't on the starting roster. He had a pretty good spring

The Yankees don't give a poo poo what the fans want, why else are Hicks and Donaldson still on the team? Volpe has played good D which is all they really need him to do. He's hit at as much as the guy who would play SS would be hitting if he was in AAA. They might as well just let him figure it out.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees don't give a poo poo what the fans want, why else are Hicks and Donaldson still on the team? Volpe has played good D which is all they really need him to do. He's hit at as much as the guy who would play SS would be hitting if he was in AAA. They might as well just let him figure it out.

Credit where credit is due however - since Torres has moved back to second base, his natural position, he's been a completely different player.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Drew Smyly gonna win a Cy Young

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Castillo looks great but Smyly is befuddling.