Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dandywalken posted:

they flop now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
There is a scene where jar jar farts in the first movie, turns out the fart is actually a sentient alien because Jedi magic here is a 3 movie series plus cartoon spin off and also gritty(ish, still pg13) live action spin off buy the fart Jedi toy plus fart Jedi space ship with auxiliary droid action figure and a hoodie

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Actually buy 2 so you can keep one in the box to sell later to pay for your retirement

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I fuckin hate star wars

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Star Wars Episode Whatever: We Just Want That Toy Money

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Disney Executive: Get this! What if Luke Skywalker cryogenically freezes himself and wakes up in 2024 to fight Donald Trump with a lightsaber only Trump is protected by a squad of elite navy seal mercenaries!! Then Leia is elected President! Maybe a side story where Darth Vader catches Covid.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sophy Wackles posted:

Disney Executive: Get this! What if Luke Skywalker cryogenically freezes himself and wakes up in 2024 to fight Donald Trump with a lightsaber only Trump is protected by a squad of elite navy seal mercenaries!! Then Leia is elected President! Maybe a side story where Darth Vader catches Covid.

This but replace Star Wars terms with Simpsons terms and you have a season 35 Simpsons episode ready to go.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
im dark vapour

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

There is a scene where jar jar farts in the first movie, turns out the fart is actually a sentient alien because Jedi magic here is a 3 movie series plus cartoon spin off and also gritty(ish, still pg13) live action spin off buy the fart Jedi toy plus fart Jedi space ship with auxiliary droid action figure and a hoodie

tbh the Marvel jedi-fart prequel tie-in is significantly better than the live-action series, and much close to ジョージ original vision

:goonsay:

edit

at this point, Disney should look into making more Family Guy spoofs because who fukken cares

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

they need to keep constantly making this type of thing in order to desensitize the star wars fanbase to the point where it will become acceptable for them to start having xmen and guardians of the galaxy crossovers in star wars movies and vice versa, all with the final end goal of having star wars characters, in official star wars movies, interacting with aligned consumer packaged good brands while making quipy references to other contemporary popular media within the abc/disney family

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nooner posted:

I'll wait for the Funko Pop.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Is Jawa Juice considered halal?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Fiction, especially science fiction, is like a poster child for entropy. Each generation is worse than the last. Imagine how bad it's going to be when the next generation of writers and directors are getting their inspiration from the garbage that's being produced now.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Cool, more Disney stuff for me to shake my head at and never watch.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That's good news. It's not for me but some people really like Star Wars and I hope they'll these new movies.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
well I better start complaining about them right away.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/NdvAbxJHOdk

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MrQwerty posted:

also darth maul was alive the entire clone war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onA8E5CWdIw

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Economies of scale. The more star wars you make per year the cheaper they become per piece

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
The Disney company is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep watching that garbage.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

MoonshineWilly posted:

When I saw The Force Awakens, the whole theater was dead silent and you could hear a pin drop when Ben kills Han. Then when Chewbacca “dies” in the sequel nobody seemed to care.

I do enjoy the suggestion by a goon in the last Star Wars thread that Rian Johnson purposely answered all the lingering questions with “lol who cares!!”

Who is Snoke? lol who cares he’s dead now!

gently caress, chewbacca "dies"? I'm assuming he comes back or something

I've been a fan of like every Star Wars game, but the movies after the originals was just kinda like meh. There's probably six or seven I haven't even seen.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It’s for children go watch something more grown up like Throw Mama from the Train.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I didn't even watch the full trilogy but I heard about it a lot from a former friend who repeatedly posted that there was absolutely no way the movies would end up putting Rey and Kylo together, and that Reylo fans were not only delusional but literally abusers. We stopped talking for unrelated reasons so I never got to see her reaction to the last movie

Anyway the only thing I want to see from the sequel sequels is a follow up on the Sims 4 tie-in. The one that was just a soulless imitation of a theme park and you weren't even allowed to trap the iconic characters in a ladderless pool because it'd ruin their image.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

olives black posted:

i've spent more time reading smg's posts on star wars than actually watching any of the movies atp

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm afraid the cinematic universe will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

what about a star wars that has a guy with like a laser axe?!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

ikanreed posted:

I'm afraid the cinematic universe will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves was a p good movie

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Hear me out: Luke Skywalker, but it’s Luke Skyywalker from 2 Live Crew.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

EvilJoven posted:

Fiction, especially science fiction, is like a poster child for entropy. Each generation is worse than the last. Imagine how bad it's going to be when the next generation of writers and directors are getting their inspiration from the garbage that's being produced now.

Personally I can't wait for the phase of Hollywood where all the writers were inspired by Riddick movies

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

You mean Luuke Skywalker, the defective clone?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

You Are A Elf posted:

:hmmyes:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

You Are A Elf posted:

Eventually there's going to be enough sequels that the plot catches up with modern day Earth and we're going to get a coming-of-age highschool drama about Luke's descendant, Lucas Walker.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
despite having a quarter of the polygons, anachronox was a much prettier game than kotor. better written and more fun too

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

olives black posted:

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves was a p good movie

For sure, Hugh Grant was a delight and I like how it didn’t feel like they were doing groundwork for a new cinematic universe.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

For sure, Hugh Grant was a delight and I like how it didn’t feel like they were doing groundwork for a new cinematic universe.

yeah it doesn't spend a second of time trying to hook you into seeing another movie in two years. script has no fat on it

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

george lucas should pay for his crimes against humanity

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
i can't think of a single star wars game that i'm glad i spent time playing except for the empire strikes back on nes. not sure why though because it's objectively a turd

https://youtu.be/pKEE-S-koXI

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
also dark forces sucked shut up. go cry into your kyle katarn body pillow about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Hyrax Attack! posted:

im kind of surprised that in the age of the franchise someone hasnt tried to make movies or tv shows out of all the dungeons and dragons universes like dragonlance and forgotten realms and spelljammer etc.

like those main dragonlance books by margaret weiss and tracy hickman would make for some great trash fantasy tv on the level of xena and hercules etc.