Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Fuckin unbelievable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How you doin these days blazrgh :)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I never know you're username when I type it I just know what letters are in it and just sorta hit them all n hope it looks right

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blarzgh posted:

Specifically for the year where he tried to take Jonny Football, and his son physically had to tackle him and rip the card out of his hand so they could pick Zack Martin!!!

I hate that man more than life itself

just drown in your suburb sized yacht you old gently caress

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Cowboys FO is basically a microcosm of American politics

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

How you doin these days blazrgh :)

Doin good man, how about you!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/status/1668994217383739393?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wonder if Kyle learned that strategy the same place I did (playing Madden 2008 online)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Calling running plays to set up a play action

Fascinating

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
drat, Jason Garrett had half of the puzzle solved

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Calling running plays to set up a play action

Fascinating

Its about being multiple. At 2:14 he talks about a play action play that gets LBs to start committing to the pass, which allows them to break off an 80 yard run out of the same look, a couple plays laters.

If you listen close his overall point about is about how Shanahan "unlocks" a defense by being fundamentally unpredictable by formation, and scheming for space.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Isn't calling lovely run plays how the Niners ended up trying to block Reddick with a backup TE

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I hate to judge a thing like this, before all the facts are in, but it is starting to look like the Dallas Cowboys might not just be the NFCE champions, but the world champions, in the upcoming season.

Post here about your excitement for that expectation.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Fake edit: what I mean to say is that their defense might be so loving mean that they beat down all NFCE opponents by scores of like 31-10, 45-14, and 31-0 (in the case of the two Eagles games)

Post here to show your support and belief in this

e: CDS (Cowboys Derangement Syndrome) posters need not respond

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

e2: I look at a lot of advanced metrics to make forecasts like this, and most of them the majority of you people can’t even comprehend.

Me trying to explain this to you lot would be like Albert Einstein trying to explain the theory of relativity to a stable full of horses. You might like the tone and timbre of my mellifluous voice, like cows coming to the fence because someone is playing the violin, but you’d have no idea what any of the words meant.

So there’s that.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Drunkposting is the bestposting

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Counterpoint: gently caress the Cowboys

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT81Wp1AU/

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

MrMojok posted:

Fake edit: what I mean to say is that their defense might be so loving mean that they beat down all NFCE opponents by scores of like 31-10, 45-14, and 31-0 (in the case of the two Eagles games)

I agree with this

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I agree with this

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress the Cowboys

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MrMojok posted:

I'm going to disagree because that makes too much sense and the Cowboys don't operate on logic.

I dunno, Micah pulls his groin attending some charity tee ball game in Wyoming or something completely unnecessary

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I'm gonna be honest, gents: I don't particularly like the Dallas Cowboys.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While this comes as a bit of a surprise to me, I appreciate your bravery and honesty

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Toaster Beef posted:

I'm gonna be honest, gents: I don't particularly like the Dallas Cowboys.

5 golden manbabies goonsir, seal claps for this epic truthery!

(gently caress THE COWBOYS BITCHES)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Daniel “Danny Dimes” Jones

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Here’s to 100,000!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve mentioned before that there’s a lot of red tape to getting the Commanders back into DC at the old RFK site. There has to be a three way agreement between the federal government, the mayor, and the DC city council. Looks like the council is playing hardball.

https://twitter.com/EricFlackTV/status/1669477850293092353?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I don't understand. if there's "growing support" for bringing the team back why would the mayor have to work around the city council, who are necessarily more representative of (and beholden to) their constituents than the mayor

why doesn't the new ownership group simply buy the site themselves? raising capital clearly isn't an issue for them

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

indigi posted:

I don't understand. if there's "growing support" for bringing the team back why would the mayor have to work around the city council, who are necessarily more representative of (and beholden to) their constituents than the mayor

why doesn't the new ownership group simply buy the site themselves? raising capital clearly isn't an issue for them

Team owners, spend their own money? When they can just milk the city/town/county for something that will never be paid back?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

indigi posted:

They currently can’t because the land is still owned by the federal government. They have to cede it to DC first which is probably gonna take a vote of congress, who knows how that will go down or if they can bribe enough of them to get the vote. That land is gonna be worth a metric gently caress ton of money just because of its proximity to everything touristy DC and the metro stop. The council is clearly gonna have their own designs on what it’s gonna be used for, a football team is not likely to get them re-elected by their people. Affordable housing would. Lastly, the Commanders are going to want to turn the land into Jerry World East. Gambling, hotels, storefronts, Convention Center stuff, all that. Council would have to sign off on that too. Now imagine with all that, no public funds? Also now that Snyder is gone, Virginia gonna put on the full court press once again. They’ll pony up a bunch of money and probably get them some sweet land out there off the new Metro Silver line that’s close to Dulles airport. Virginia just grand opened the new Amazon HQ2 office buildings across from the Pentagon and they’re likely to win the bidding for the new FBI headquarters. Oh yeah, a rich white republican is also governor. They got money to throw around, and will toss it right at the new player in town, Josh Harris.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man, Washington football seems all sorts of hosed up.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Frame it and hang it in the Smithsonian.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

BiggerBoat posted:

Man, Washington football seems all sorts of hosed up.

Thats pretty much every new stadium war. Washington is just a little different since there are 3 (4 if you count federal) governments fighting over where it goes.

I'd love the commanders to be in DC, but always hate the idea of taxpayer dollars being spent on it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Thats pretty much every new stadium war. Washington is just a little different since there are 3 (4 if you count federal) governments fighting over where it goes.

I'd love the commanders to be in DC, but always hate the idea of taxpayer dollars being spent on it.

Right. I live near Jacksonville and the Jaguars are going through the same poo poo.

I meant the dilapidated, sewage spewing stadium which I've heard is really hard to park and get to, etc., their poo poo eating rear end in a top hat of an owner, all the sexual harassment allegations, the whole nickname fiasco and, lastly, the truly terrible product on the field that fans have been offered every since Joe Gibbs moved on and the heyday of the early 90's.

It's pretty remarkable.

DC at one time had a top tier coach who won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different (mediocre) QB's, several record setting offensive teams, was as feared as any team in the NFL and owns two of the largest rear end kickings in SB history. Now they're a loving joke of a franchise with precious little hope for the future.

What does a fan of this team hang their hat on and where is any sense of optimism derived?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Not a fan but I imagine a whole lotta optimism is coming just from getting rid of Snyder. And the roster is fine outside of qb

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BiggerBoat posted:

Right. I live near Jacksonville and the Jaguars are going through the same poo poo.

I meant the dilapidated, sewage spewing stadium which I've heard is really hard to park and get to, etc., their poo poo eating rear end in a top hat of an owner, all the sexual harassment allegations, the whole nickname fiasco and, lastly, the truly terrible product on the field that fans have been offered every since Joe Gibbs moved on and the heyday of the early 90's.

It's pretty remarkable.

DC at one time had a top tier coach who won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different (mediocre) QB's, several record setting offensive teams, was as feared as any team in the NFL and owns two of the largest rear end kickings in SB history. Now they're a loving joke of a franchise with precious little hope for the future.

What does a fan of this team hang their hat on and where is any sense of optimism derived?

Snyder is loving moving out. There can be no greater fount of optimism in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Haha well your next owner is Josh Harris