Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nervous posted:

Look at all those defenders drafted from a defense that is backed up against it's own goal line.

You're just nervous.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Nervous posted:

Look at all those defenders drafted from a defense that is backed up against it's own goal line.

i noticed this too but i wasn't going to say anything because as you know i am a fan of the philadelphia eagles

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

i noticed this too but i wasn't going to say anything because as you know i am a fan of the philadelphia eagles

me three but i was going to lie and say it is 4th and goal in the last 2min of the game and that offense hasn't scored yet

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Asproigerosis posted:

whats wrong big step bro, jelly??

Very jealous and making GBS threads self that you picked up Carter. Nolan Smith just isn't very good.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

davecrazy posted:

:hmmno:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

:hai:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Pleased with the Giants draft so far if the Eagles can all just contract cholera we'd be in great shape to win this thing

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Strong possibility of patricia evening the playing field tbh

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Black Lighter posted:

He's not an off-ball linebacker, though. He's a pass rusher, which definitely lines up with the Eagles' history.

Oh cool, guess I can stop mixing up this kool-aid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“I’m real hesitant to bet it all for a year,” Jones said. “There’s a lot of things that can happen for that year. … A couple of teams [Eagles and Rams] that have had some real success putting it all out there and paying for it later. Don’t think that doesn’t pop in my head and get my eye, as far as doing it, and I know how to do that.”

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I really hate that Howie went all in last year and now we busted without a second ring. It'll be decades before we recover from how much we gave up last year.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it'll be 14 months max before they're ready for multiple runs at a championship (as long as the new defensive coaching staff doesn't implode, which I hope it does)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Howie is the best GM in the NFL and the Eagles are pretty set for the future already. I'd just stop worrying about it.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
remember when we kicked him out so chip kelly could be GM?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KDDrummondNFL/status/1652655432484237313?t=gBLRc-JP5SwRHZJaJ65NkQ&s=19

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If the 76ers go to the finals and lose, the Eagles are winning back to back super bowls

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I wanted line help and defensive backfield help and am happy with the 2023 Philadelphia Eagles draft, thank you.

I hope Swift pans out but I think they're going full RBbC this year anyway and the investment cost was low enough that it's not a huge deal if he's not some game breaking talent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’m not sure a 5’5” running back is a great investment in a world of giants.

I’m imagining a twins remake with derrick henry and double duece.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He's a great player that would have been drafted higher if he was taller. They got him in the 5th.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

He's a great player that would have been drafted higher if he was taller. They got him in the 5th.

6th actually!

Most yards from scrimmage of any player in the entire country last year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Doltos posted:

rember i said how do you feel about chase brown in the 5th and then the next day my team drafted him in the 5th. we discussed this while living together in the woods

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry i meant two days later. that's when that happened.

edit: You remember though Doltos?

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 2, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

edit. sorry should have edited the above post. Don't count this one as a third. Read the edit of the above one. count all this as 2 posts. NFC BEAST

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cavauro posted:

rember i said how do you feel about chase brown in the 5th and then the next day my team drafted him in the 5th. we discussed this while living together in the woods

I liked when you pointed out Cameron Mitchell. That's a little nod to our RLMHeads in the audience.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

philadelphia

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m not sure a 5’5” running back is a great investment in a world of giants.

I’m imagining a twins remake with derrick henry and double duece.

Deuce loving rules and might get me to watch Cowboys games by himself.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Howie was on wip today and he’s 1. Pissed off at Gannon 2. Pissed off at the league for sabotaging the eagles with the bad field

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he shouldn't be pissed at Gannon they're gonna get another draft pick

e: maybe that's why he's acting pissed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reading between the lines he’s pissed Becuase Gannon was distracted for the sb

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m not sure that would have changed much of anything he isn't a good DC

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Gannon will get his reward after doing his Hackett speed run in arizona.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

euphronius posted:

Howie was on wip today and he’s 1. Pissed off at Gannon 2. Pissed off at the league for sabotaging the eagles with the bad field

I would love to somehow replay the Super Bowl on a regular, well kept NFL field. The outcome could very well be the same, but I think it would be a truer game for both sides. After all, the Chiefs had 55 sacks on the year, and they only got 2 "sacks" for like .25 yards total.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
lol still crying about the turf that only the Eagles had to play on.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

euphronius posted:

Well he's at least identified one of the main reasons for the loss (gannon)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

davecrazy posted:

lol still crying about the turf that only the Eagles had to play on.

yeah it's ridiculous

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It was a significant factor. I think Gannon checking out was probably bigger tho

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

It was a significant factor. I think Gannon checking out was probably bigger tho

How was it a factor for only one of the two teams playing on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
imo the eagles got beat because of the jalen hurts fumble and their defensive scheme having an enormous flaw that was exploited for back-to-back touchdowns, not the condition of the turf, but: "why did the turf only matter for one team" feels a little disingenuous because it implies bad turf would impact every aspect of the game equally. which just isn't true.

that said, the turf didn't only matter for one team, because KC's pass rush — which itself was very good all season, IIRC — also barely got home. but nullifying the KC pash rush didn't gently caress KC's defense like nullifying the philly pass rush hosed theirs.