Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I like March 7th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
For reference, we get natasha for free from the story and sushang/majong girl/asta are also free.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
How dupe heavy is this game? A big reason I'm still with Genshin is that the game never gets hard enough or has mechanics (like max level) that require dupes.

Edit: Just saw the link. Eidolons work exactly the same as constellations. Guess time will tell how necessary they are.

PBnJamo fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 25, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's basically the exact same as Genshin. Dupes unlock small bonuses for the characters but they aren't required at all, and the level cap isn't unlocked behind them.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
That's great to hear they are on the minor end. That website even mentioned you can farm for some too.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Given all the changes they've made to characters just in the past few days, and the :effort: to reroll, I'm just going to hoard my rolls like a goblin until Kafka comes out.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It is way too early to tell how much power creep/constellations are/aren't required until the game is out for a few months. We can hope it will be like Genshin since Genshin has none of that and makes them roughly all the money, so hopefully they will continue on that trend, but we cannot know for sure! On the beta all the free characters were pretty good overall, but if there were a ton of nerfs before live they might not be. :iiam: All the characters in their animations have a shitload of effort put into them like Genshin's, so in an ideal world it will be the same, doubly so since the pity system is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

We already know all the changes from beta to live, the only nerf was to Bronya being able to give herself turns.

it's possible there's other unannounced ones but I seriously doubt they're going to nerf all the 4*s into the ground for no reason, especially when, while there's plenty of good 4*s, nobody seems to be Benny/Xiangling/Xingqiu levels of centralizing. (the way this game is designed also makes it way harder for a character to be that way without just being absurdly broken in a way thats very obvious)

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 25, 2023

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Excited to get in at the ground floor here. I cannot wait to try and fail to make 2 erudition/2 nihility teams work.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do like Genshin but there apparently being no exceptionally dumb baby Paimon-esque character speaking for you makes this sound appealing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

I do like Genshin but there apparently being no exceptionally dumb baby Paimon-esque character speaking for you makes this sound appealing.
Trailblazer's still a mostly silent protagonist but they just talk for themselves via dialogue options/occasional actual lines with VAing, yeah. There's no mascot character or anything, March 7th is the app icon but she's just like, a person, who's one of the party members in the plot, she definitely isn't serving Paimon's role.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is it quick to switch characters out of your team in this? It seems like you might do it a lot based on the enemy weakness system

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

2 more hours?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

2 more hours?

The info I saw said 10pm EST.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

2 more hours?

5 more hours

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh ffs I thought it said 7est

It’s gonna be a long 5 hours!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
The post-login info dialogue says 2100 Eastern.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
It says 21h Eastern, but I'm pretty sure it said GMT-5. Right now it's daylight time, which is GMT-4. So that's 10P EDT.

Sure would be nice if they'd just use local time, or list GMT and "server-local" or whatever. But even when they do, it's annoyingly inconsistent.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I'm gonna play this game

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

Trailblazer's still a mostly silent protagonist but they just talk for themselves via dialogue options/occasional actual lines with VAing, yeah. There's no mascot character or anything, March 7th is the app icon but she's just like, a person, who's one of the party members in the plot, she definitely isn't serving Paimon's role.

Oh theres a mascot character and its a weird rabbit conductor thing called Pom-Pom.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

Oh theres a mascot character and its a weird rabbit conductor thing called Pom-Pom.

Yeah but it's more like Ai-Chan than Paimon. As long as it's not in every cutscene repeating what someone just said, we are good.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well gonna try to get in on the ground floor. I'll be relying on this thread to tell me how to play correctly. Don't let me down.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

drat look at what Paimon did to a mf

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I hope this game has three paimon

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

UHD posted:

I hope this game has three paimon

I believe a group of Paimon is called a buffet.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It's insisting that Europe, rather than America, is the optimal server for me despite my stateside location. Any major repercussions if I choose one or the other?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

delfin posted:

It's insisting that Europe, rather than America, is the optimal server for me despite my stateside location. Any major repercussions if I choose one or the other?

I have to imagine you won’t be able to friend people who are on the other servers.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Paimon is my friend. You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

But she could learn to shut up and listen sometimes, yes.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I love Paimon as a character but it's as a character. She sometimes has an odd role. I much prefer Honkai's story where there's no Greek chorus is all. The parts of the story where Paimon just gets to be a character instead of a mouthpiece are excellent.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I'm looking forward to playing this game like I played Genshin: obsessively for a month and a half, waste $60 to get a busted 5 star (Ganyu), and then immediately quit

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It launches when I start my workday so I'll be like 9 hours late compared to everyone.

Hope I manage to get Bronya (not because she's meta, I just think she looks cool), but she can be guaranteed off the standard so I won't get too mad if I don't get her with initial rolls.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

house of the dad posted:

I'm looking forward to playing this game like I played Genshin: obsessively for a month and a half, waste $60 to get a busted 5 star (Ganyu), and then immediately quit

Honestly, minus the $60, I expect the same? Because this is what I end up doing with many an online RPG -- play until I've exhausted the existing story, run laps around content for a while gathering resources and leveling units, get tired of running laps and fall off. Definitely what happened with Genshin for me.

But the short-term serotonin rush works, at least until I need that 7GB of space back.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I'm hoping I can get into this, but I haven't been much for turn based RPGs for a few years. Honkai has me willing to give it a shot though.
(And also I somehow wound up hyperfocused on Sonic Robo Blast 2 Persona for a few days last week.)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Server is up a bit early - now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sushibandit posted:

Server is up a bit early - now.

Yeah game is live

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kafka sounds as blazed as I was last night

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

immediately got qiqi'd as soon as i was able to do the gacha. thanks. :v:

(the good news is if you get a 5* on the beginner banner before the guaranteed you still get to do the pulls to get the guaranteed, so you can walk away with multiple)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The "qiqi" is considered probably the best pick because there's literally only 2 healers in the game

Belan
May 7, 2007

quote:

HSRGRANDOPEN1
HSRGRANDOPEN2
HSRGRANDOPEN3
Couple of codes to use at https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

boy I sure love sci fi and anime (not joking)